Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Opening title screen, bottom left side.

2. salty mud

salty mud Deity

My game has just stopped working. It's been working fine for days, even earlier today, but now it crashes on the very first "please wait" loading screen on start up. I've verified integrity of files, restarted my computer, and did some googling and found Windows Defender is often a culprit. I made sure Civ VI had access but it still crashes on start up. Any ideas what's going on? My game is completely worthless at the moment.

3. goatharper

goatharper Chieftain

Sorry, but I have looked and searched: how do I send an envoy??? I have the icon that says "one envoy available" but for the life of me I can't see how to use it. Been Civing since 1991 but new to VI.

4. Francel

Francel Madam Secretary

Game score question.

how do I maximize score?

The highest score on the in game leaderboard is 2500. Apparently someone got over a million?

I thought maybe it was due to speed, so I managed to win a deity duel very quickly, but my score was crap.

5. Francel

Francel Madam Secretary

Click the city-state button in the top right corner.

6. goatharper

goatharper Chieftain

Thank you! Does this mean I can only send envoys to city-states and not to other civilizations? Still very new to VI, first game, kinda liking it after being sure IV was the best. Never tried V, and only got VI on the freebie deal last week. VI is different enough to give me that "what is going on?" thrill while still being somewhat familiar....

7. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

Yes. They only function in city states. Other Civs are handled by the diplomacy options you get when you interact with a civ leader.

You can also send your governor, Amani, to a city state for various benefits.

8. Clan

Clan Chieftain

Did you disable all your mods before restarting?

salty mud likes this.
  9. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

In my latest game, Victoria declared war with units inside my territory. Whenever I declare war, my units are teleported outside of the target civ's territory. Is that normal?

10. salty mud

salty mud Deity

I found another post on Google that said making an outbound exception through Defender may fix it - in my case it did. Appreciate your response however.

11. vladisimo

vladisimo Chieftain

Hello , can someone please tell me how to edit the cost of policies ? I remember there were some instructions a time ago concerning that, but I can't find them anymore. I REALY need to lower their costs cause I finish the game untill I even hit communism or democracy. Any help would be apreciated.

12. JJOne

JJOne Prince

Is there any reason whatsoever to call a disaster emergency for yourself?
    You need to pay some diplo points, someone else gains a victory point.

13. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

Because the AI showers you with cash each turn?

Builderphile likes this.
  14. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

Quick Question about Trade Routes and Modifiers.

I had a game where I was getting 100% tourism to each civ with a trade route.
    The last game I just finished I was only able to get 75% to each Civ.
    I thought I was using all the cards as I finished the Culture Tree.
    Perhaps it was a Wonder or something else that i missed to get that extra 25%?
    Can you get over 100% boost to each Civ with Trade Routes??

15. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

There's 2 Great Merchants that do that. Both are 25 so you can get up to 125% Though in practice unless you went hardcore on GMs, you may not see Benz often.

Fluphen Azine likes this.
  16. ViljamiK

ViljamiK Chieftain

We are planning on playing multiplayer today - does everybody need New Frontier Pass in order to play with newest updates (like with expansions) or only the host (like with Leader Packs)?

17. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

Another trade route question: When running a trade route between two of my own cities, do I get extra gold, or is gold just transferred from one city to another?

18. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Extra gold (seemingly conjured out of nowhere, although that’s the way money works in the real world economy (velocity of money and such)).

Aabraxan likes this.
  19. Zdarg

Zdarg Prince

1) In current game (started before NFP, I am playing slowly) my city had a trade route to a Mongolian city (Cardiff). Eventually it ended, two trade posts were c4reated, as usual, but after then I was said there was no place to route from that city. Though Cardiff is still here, still Mongolian, also there are, in close vicinity, a city state, a couple more Mongolian cities, a couple of Persian cities and two cities of my own. I am not at war with anybody and WC din't ban trading with me.
    I move the trader to my neighbour city and he easily made route to another Mongolian city (Tver).
    Could NFP be not fully compatible with old saves? Or something?
    2) Same game, same turn, another end of the world. My spy can't steal any great work from Amsterdam. Though I clearly see Amsterdam's art museum has three pictures, and I have plenty of room in my own art museum, palace and national history museum.
    Could it be something but a bug? Some rule I don't know about? Like, I can't steal art until all my amphitheatre slots are filled?

20. Karpyan

Karpyan Chieftain

So I am testing out the new Lady Six on Emperor, latest patch and DLC. I am going for domination and only have the alluring Simon Bolivar's capital to take and am parked outside his borders with all sorts of stealth bombers and associated hardware ready to pounce. One issue - I am currently friends with him (but not allies) and unable to make a surprise declaration of war. Message says "Unable to Suprise War. Some member of your team is a friend or ally of this player's team". The same message appeared when I moved the hardware next to his borders, and was asked the standard "are you passing by" question, to which I tried to reply "no" but failed.

So do we think this is a bug, or do I need to wait for the friendship to expire?