Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Newbomb

Newbomb Chieftain

I have returned to CIV. Years ago I played CIV III. I don't understand a couple of things.
    1. What is the use of great generals and why can you only add one unit to them I thought they would be like the old armies where you could add three units?
    2. I get the promotions. But how do you upgrade the unit?

2. montalaar

montalaar Chieftain

3. Newbomb

Newbomb Chieftain

Promotions I understand how about upgrades? Warrior to Swordsman etc?

4. Infixo

Infixo Deity

5. Zdarg

Zdarg Prince

Just the same. When unit becomes upgradable, it receives specific temporary button to click.
    By number of turns to finish the project. Remove Pingala from the city and see if number of turns changed.

Infixo likes this.
  6. JJOne

JJOne Prince

There are no grievances and no hate if you nuke the AI? So Eleanor hates me because I declared war and because I've send archaeologists to her lands, but doesn't care that England became a wasteland, as long as I don't conquer her cities and it remains her wasteland?

7. MartinW1971

MartinW1971 Chieftain

GS
    Why can I not settle next to some rivers? They show as no water availability. Why?

Martin

8. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

9. MartinW1971

MartinW1971 Chieftain

No, Canada.
    Here's a screenshot. Why can I not settle the river running from NW to SE, roughly from Hong Kong to Ottawa?

Attached Files:

10. MartinW1971

MartinW1971 Chieftain

Ah, I think I can answer my own question.
    It's not a lack of water, the sites I'm looking at are all within 3 tiles of another city.

11. JJOne

JJOne Prince

It goes as follows: I conquer a city state between two other civs. It revolts, afterwards I conquer the free city and liberate the city state. I get 2 envoys from liberating, but I can't send Amani or new envoys. Why?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  12. AlanC9

AlanC9 Chieftain

It looks like sometimes not all the Great People from one era will have a chance to show up before the queue advances to the next era. In my current game after Hypatia was recruited the queue jumped to the medieval era and Abu Al-Qasim, instead of Euclid or Aryabhata. I'm playing vanilla so world era isn't a thing. My guess is that after a GP is recruited the next GP is chosen from the highest tier any nation has advanced to. Can someone confirm this?

13. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

If you've done the prerequisite research, a temporary button with the picture of an upward facing arrow will appear. It will be greyed unless you move the unit to be within the boundaries of a friendly city, where it will have the background turn blue. You can then upgrade the unit for gold by clicking on the button.

Aabraxan likes this.
  14. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

I have a question if my own. I'm on the Switch but I'm curious if it's the same for the PC version; is it possible to play R&F and GS simultaneously? It seems like I have to choose between the two, so I can use GS civs and mechanics, but not having R&F civs present, and vice versa. Is that the same for the PC version?

15. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Warlord

That's not true, no. If you play on the Gathering Storm ruleset it should include the R&F mechanics.

Linklite likes this.
  16. JJOne

JJOne Prince

It seems to have been a bug, the game thought I was still at war with the city state. After declaring war and peace once again (without conquering the city state this time), it started to behave again normally.

17. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

There was a mixup - I thought I saw a leader present in R&F that disappeared when I chanfged to GS ruleset, but I was mistaken. Thanks!

18. JJOne

JJOne Prince

When there are two alliance blocks, if my ally declares war on one from the other alliance, afterwards the whole other block declares war on my ally, and I automatically also declare war on the whole other block, and we have a nice world war. Is that how it works?

19. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Warlord

@Lordeus yeah I'd put a city there. In civ vi you are rewarded for how many cities you have.

20. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Hall of fame victories weren't recorded recently after I got the most recent expansion. How do you get the victories recorded again? Im using the nintendo switch.