Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Theral

Chieftain
Having grown very fond of this type of thread for the EU4/CK2 forums, I propose having one such thread for this mod too. It's all too often that one may have a silly little question that does not warrant a thread of it's own.

Stupid little question? Ask it here. Someone will likely respond to it within the next few replies.

More involved question? Probably consider making a thread of your own.

So, let me start with my stupid little question:

Does the Pantheon God-King and Dagda, The All-Father (yields for x followers in owned cities) provide those yields in the cities where the pops live, or does it all go to the capital? (relevant to boredom, illiteracy and poverty strategy for wide play)

Having grown very fond of this type of thread for the EU4/CK2 forums, I propose having one such thread for this mod too. It's all too often that one may have a silly little question that does not warrant a thread of it's own.

Stupid little question? Ask it here. Someone will likely respond to it within the next few replies.

More involved question? Probably consider making a thread of your own.

So, let me start with my stupid little question:

Does the Pantheon God-King and Dagda, The All-Father (yields for x followers in owned cities) provide those yields in the cities where the pops live, or does it all go to the capital? (relevant to boredom, illiteracy and poverty strategy for wide play)

Capital, I think. Because it's a global effect not based on the followers in the city but in the whole empire

1. When spies rig elections, for how much they increase your influence, is it based on their level, and do they decrease influence of allied civ of the city state?
2.Aqueduct and the food building after hospital, do they give actual food growth on top of food delivered to the next citizen? Because it shows like they do on the city screen.
Thanks

Sorry if this comes across as kind of jerkface, but isn't #2 easy to test?

Start building aqueduct, look at food production in the city before, then build it, then look after and check the entry for the building in your city also? Assuming you don't trust the tooltips.

From what I remember seeing in the tooltip, the aqueduct gives bonus food as well as a percentage to next pop. I don't know how up to date it stays, but the wiki backs this up
http://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Buildings

How do Jelling Stones "on kill bonus" work?

I.e. if I have only one Jelling Stones in my entire civ, will my units get the culture/prod on kills?

If more than one city has JStones, which one gets the production? The closest one?

Note that the same applies to colosseums for Rome - every colosseum gets the bonus.

For the aqueduct, it gives +1 food to city, +1 to lakes and oasis and keeps 15% of the food on new citizens. So no, it only increases growth as much as the food it gives, no extra growth.

Spies decreases influence of other civs, yes, it's like a mini great diplomat. But I cannot say the numbers, sorry.

But it says late game, that the aqueduct gives20+ food. And I dont have lake tiles for the city, the same with the other building.

But it says late game, that the aqueduct gives20+ food. And I dont have lake tiles for the city, the same with the other building.

I wonder if there's a bug (or undocumented feature) because I did notice the 15% bonus is listed both at the top and bottom of the tooltip when you hover over the aqueduct. Once states clearly that it is "carried over" food, but the other one simply says 15%.

So I wonder if aqueduct is giving the +1, the river and the lake bonus, a flat 15%, and also an additional 15% when worker is complete.

I wonder if there's a bug (or undocumented feature) because I did notice the 15% bonus is listed both at the top and bottom of the tooltip when you hover over the aqueduct. Once states clearly that it is "carried over" food, but the other one simply says 15%.

So I wonder if aqueduct is giving the +1, the river and the lake bonus, a flat 15%, and also an additional 15% when worker is complete.

Current tooltips for buildings are weird. They display the same info twice in two fashions: one is the intended text and the other is like a debugging text.

Some buildings now have additional effects like '-20%:c5strength: required' What does this mean?

Also, if my cities are unhappy because the city is 'dangerous', how can I reduce this? Stronger garrisoned units? Fortifications like castles? Raise my overall military strength? Ive not had any luck reducing this source of unhappiness. Is there a list somehere of things which reduce each unhappiness source?

Colin: Cities have "needs". You can see them by hovering your mouse on the city banner in the normal view, or on the Happiness line in (the upper left of) the city screen.
If you keeps those needs in the green, all is well, but when they get in the red, your city will be unhappy.

There can be multiple reasons, most of them linked to a yield. One of them ("Crime", the Defense need) is linked to the city Strength. Your first point is a modifier to this need, which reduce it by 20%. Meaning you'll need a 20% lower City strength to avoid unhappiness.
Getting a building with this bonus can help you remove the "this city is dangerous".
For this need in particular, you can station a unit with high sterngth (I think melee sterngth is what counts, so ranged units may not be as efficient), build walls/castle/etc, Barracks/Armory/etc, constabulary/police station. Some wonders even reduce this need for the whole empire (Statue of Zeus, Brandenburg Gate), and I think one or two ideology policies too :)

Does the culture tile cost go up on a per-city basis or empire-wide basis? I know tile gold buying cost goes up empire-wide.

Per city.
that's why the culture on conquer/settle given by the Authority policy tree always offer a tile the turn after you settle ;)

Top Bottom