Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Leondegrance

Leondegrance Prince

Is war weariness additive for each war or independent of number of simultaneous wars ? For example, war weariness says max is 20% of population. If you have 2 long lasting wars at the same time, is it going to reach 40% or stay at 20% ?

Also, this is confusing

http://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/War_Weariness

First it explains the war weariness mechanics as being max 20 %, e.g. 20% of pop turns unhappy. But then it lists several additional sources of war weariness. The question arises...if you are saying max is 20% then where are you adding the additional weariness into ?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  2. DonStill

DonStill Chieftain

If almost all the other AI's choose one specific tree to go down, let's say Fealty, will that force my Distress to skyrocket? Because that's what it looks like and no matter what I can't keep up with the unhappiness despite having a solid lead otherwise. Even using the processes for art or science aren't changing unhappiness levels at all, and getting just one citizen in a city forced the unhappiness up by around 13. Most of these cities are well-developed, so that's confusing me. I can't tell if this is just a small time bug that slipped through or something else.

3. Leondegrance

Leondegrance Prince

According to the civ5 online wiki

"Religious Tension is measured through the religious diversity of a city. If a city grows more diverse in their religious followers, tensions will be created. However, a high faith-based population will suffer less religious tensions from such diversity than a low faith-based population."

Uh sorry you meant Distress. Here it is again according to wiki

"Distress is measured through the imbalance of a city's food and production. As there will always be an imbalance of food and production, Distress becomes the most common source of unhappiness as there are little means to counteract the effects of Distress unless a leader intentionally delays production and food growth."

Also be wary of your cities overgrowing excessively. The needs are calculated on per-capita basis so although big fat cities looks nice, if your construction of important buildings is lacking, then your denominator is bigger which reduces per capita yields used in determining global happiness of your empire.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    vyyt likes this.
  4. DonStill

DonStill Chieftain

They all hit around roughly 15 pop, but massive spike still didn't make sense. I managed to get it under control cuz I got money to throw around (Holy Law). Also, I went Authority and had better production tiles than most of the AI, so I'm guessing it must be food then. They all had that +5 food from Fealty, so maybe that was what raised the distress median so high, seeing as though four other civs took it.

5. Leondegrance

Leondegrance Prince

I understand what you saying, has hapenned to me too. Unfortunately I must disappoint you and not being able to directly point to the reason.

See, it is hard to identify because the player is not able to see the global per-capita yields. It is hidden dynamic parameter. Like in Dark Souls 3, poise exists but it is dynamically calculated in the background.

6. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Do map scripts ever require to be be loaded as Mod? Or is it always OK to only place inside the My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Maps folder?

7. Leondegrance

Leondegrance Prince

I think depends on the mapscript. Planet Sim can just put in maps folder. But Tectonic script needs activation as a mod.

vyyt likes this.
  8. 4CV

4CV Warlord

Quick indeed, thanks.

9. DonStill

DonStill Chieftain

Why can't you build stoneworks if you have marble? Why is it restricted to Jade/Lapis/etc..?

10. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Emperor

Is that Marble improved? I don't think you have access to Stoneworks until you do. Though, you don't lose it if you build it and the improvement gets pillaged.

11. Grabbl

Grabbl Prince

If the marble is improved, you should be able to build it, everything else is a bug (either in tooltip or in the mechanics itself). Make sure, however, that the marble really belongs to the city you're trying to build the stoneworks in. Hovering over the happiness symbol, it should show under "Local Resources" what city has the marble (if you're using EUI at least).

12. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Some questions about DoW and DP and vassalage:
    1. If I take a vassal that has DPs with other players and then DoW those players, my vassal will not honor his DPs, right?
    2. If I have won a war and the peace treaty is still active, but the other party has a DP with someone that I want to declare on, this party will not honor the DP during our peace treaty, right?

In other words: am I correct in assuming that Defensive Pacts are overridden by peace treaties and vassalages?

3. If I declare war on civ A, which has a DP with civ B, which in turn has a DP with civ A and C, do I go to war with A and B or A, B, C?
    4. In the Defensive Pact description in-game it says that they lapse once one of the participants declares war. In my game Russia, Poland and Portugal all have DPs with one another; Poland has bribed Russia to DoW on me, but they all kept all of their DPs; was this changed without updating the description or is it a bug?

13. Grabbl

Grabbl Prince

I hope I get everything right:

1. The vassal doesn't have it's own treaties, so the DP is cancelled upon vassalage as far as I know.
    2. Not entirely sure if this is still true, but a few patches ago, being called into a war by a DP didn't care about peace treaties, so you can essentially be at war again one turn after a peace deal if the other party declares war on a DP partner of you (and the other way round, an enemy will draw his DP allies onto war even if you have a peace treaty with them).
    3. With A and B only. No chained war declarations because of DPs.
    4. The description is outdated, a war declaration no longer cancels DPs. This was made because the AI didn't seem to understand that and kept making DPs a few turns before declaring war, as far as I know.

civplayer33 likes this.
  14. DonStill

DonStill Chieftain

It's improved and the city definitely owns the tile, but even under the tooltip it'll say marble doesn't fall under the restrictions of the stoneworks. I don't actually have a game right now I could use as an example, but I've noticed this issue a few times and it's frustrating because those early prod routes are nice.

15. Uprising

Uprising Chieftain

is anyone playing mp? or everyone playing only sp, this mod only good for sp? all the time versus ai kinda boring

16. vyyt

vyyt Deity

17. Uprising

Uprising Chieftain

where i find this people

18. randomnub

randomnub Prince

happinessboh2.png

I can't figure the recent change to happiness UI :blush:. First number is my current happiness, second one my local unhappiness (sum of disress/boredom/poverty...) and third one my current total population. Is it important to know the sum of local unhappiness when I can hover over the happiness number and know the details? I have to fix local unhappiness goign through each city anyway to check the local needs. Why does my total population matter?

TranceBlossom and vyyt like this.
  19. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

upload_2018-12-16_12-18-3.png
    I am pretty sure that a needs deficit is just the total amount of yield required to get to parity. Is that also the same for when you're above a need?
    eg. In this screenshot, I need 8.12 :c5food:/:c5production: total to erase my unhappiness from distress. It doesn't look like I'm only 8 culture away from losing my culture surplus, so am I 7.92 :c5culture: per :c5citizen: above that need?

Also, wow the Atomic Era is brutal. Dropping 6 happiness from distress just on that era change.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    vyyt likes this.
  20. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I would try checking the thread with multiplayer modpacks I had linked, you will find these people there.