Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. stii

stii King

Pretty sure it does, internal routes certainly do if you make the relevant building.

2. PortugeseChicken

PortugeseChicken Chieftain

If I capture a Holy City, but have my own official religion already, will I get the additional congress votes in the world congress if the other religion is the official world religion?

3. 10101100

10101100 Chieftain

How much is it necessary to get the diplomacy buildings and units from the CSD mod for the domination and science victories?

4. Rean

Rean Warlord

Not at all necessary, but it never hurts.

10101100 likes this.
  5. youngsteve

youngsteve Prince

Is it possible for a friendly nation to pillage your trade routes & it gets blamed on barbs. In my game I have three vassals, two of whom are Morocco & Inca's. We are currently at war with Cathage & allies so have made sure to move my traders away from them. Twice, my traders (caravan & cargo ship) have been ransacked by barbarians according to the log, but there haven't been any barbs on our continent for over 1,000 years, & both were deep in Morocco territory when this happened so even more suspicious. I have authority so know when any camps appear, & none have been around since classical age. I reckon Morocco did it, but have no proof, & is it possible they can. They also keep bleating about destroying their trade route, which is nonsense, & would know if I had. Only trade routes routed were the enemies, which Morocoo is also at war with.

6. Rean

Rean Warlord

It's part of Morocco's ability to plunder trade routes without declaring war, so yeah, most likely just them.

vyyt likes this.
  7. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

Do you share the reformation belief (in this case tourism to faith buildings and hotels) of someone elses religion in the cities that are converted to them even if you have your own religion?

8. youngsteve

youngsteve Prince

Never played Morocco, & never knew that. I can understand them having the ability to plunder trade routes but surely you would know. Also, this seems to be a bit silly considering they are my vassal & we have DOF & good relations. Understood if it was someone they hated, though may well secretly hate me.

9. Solic

Solic Warlord

You will know it's them if you have vision of the trade route being pillaged. Otherwise you will get a notification it's barbarians as far as I know.

10. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

If i understand your question correctly (about optimizing your chances at winning rather than something technical) you really want the chancery as early as you can if you have some nearby citystates that you can befriend as each city with a chancery gets 2:c5production: for each CS friend which is a big deal by the time you unlock them and allows for instant purchase of diplomacy units with gold.
    later buildings are not as urgent in my build order as the chanceries (whether it's the wire service or the National wonders unless i'm hurting for paper).
    For domination victory i tend to have my closest CS allied after entering the medieval era (before that i prefer tributing to alliance) to have someone to trade with and securing my borders .... the rest of the CS i cannot maintain an alliance serve as a fodder for my army.
    CS really help science victory if you are able to pass Scholars In residence, so if you can maintain an alliance with the CS (both the chancery and wire service are worth it if you have enough CS allied) you would be researching techs way faster.

10101100 likes this.
  11. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

AI Morocco isn't supposed to plunder trade routes if you have a DoF, this is a bug. Savegame would be appreciated.

This is correct. When a human plays Morocco they likewise won't get diplomacy penalties if they do it out of sight.

(Doesn't apply human to human or while at war)

12. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

In my opinion Great Scientists have been nerfed way too much. How can I manually adjust the amount of turns of science bulbing a Great Scientist gives?

13. 4CV

4CV Warlord

Are you sure your vassals are "friendly nations"? If Morocco had capitulated to me I wouldn't expect them to be...

14. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

Can you utilize another civs Reformation belief if you adopt their religion in majority of your cities even if you ALREADY have your own religion?

15. youngsteve

youngsteve Prince

Who knows what nations are friendly. All I know he was my vassal & we had a DOF & open borders so presume so.

16. psparky

psparky Prince

My understanding is that you cannot unless you lose control of your original holy city.

17. InkAxis

InkAxis King

Community Balance Patch\Balance Changes\Units\UnitChanges.sql

probably this on line 46-48:
    Code:
    -- Great Scientist science boost lowered slightly.

UPDATE Units SET BaseBeakersTurnsToCount = '3' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_SCIENTIST' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

LifeOfBrian likes this.
  18. Alpharius

Alpharius Chieftain

I'd say yes you can. I remember being able to purchase universities and public schools with faith when some of my cities were converted.

I already founded and enhanced my religion, though I didn't have my own reformation belief so I'm not sure if it's a relevant factor.

19. Alpharius

Alpharius Chieftain

Is it normal to get more than 900 warmonger diplo penalty from capturing a single city? It was the Moroccan capital btw. It's my first time getting this high of a Warmonger penalty. I have 900+ for both Morocco and Egypt(directly adjacent neighbors) and 140+ for Sweden and America(Next nearest neighbors)

20. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Morocco will certainly hate you. :)

May be excessive for Egypt.

Alpharius likes this.