1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Ferrur

Ferrur Chieftain

Hello

Sorry if I'm not asking the question in the right place, but I recently put some friends in Civ and we start a multiplayergame that is lagging a lot after several round.
    Can you tell me what would be the best mod / patch that would simply permit to end the game by reducing the lag without adding anything new in the game?

Thank you

2. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

I thought that airports provide city connections, but seems not, so is it impossible to connect this city? I built it to grab 3 oil resources.

8930_20211206185342_1.png

3. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

It's possible. Capture or found a coastal city on this island, build a lighthouse there and make a road to connect the 2 cities.

4. lalalaprout

lalalaprout Chieftain

There's also a small mod that does just that. I think it's in the mix'n match mod list.

edit: shows up in my modlist as "Global - air routes (v2)"

5. lunker

lunker Warlord

When I last played you could make small canals with fort/citadel. It seems this has been changed but what are the exact rules now?

6. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

You should still be able to create, just smaller ones, you can't chain forts and citadels for eternity as far as I know. But I'm unsure what are the exact rules as of now.

7. lunker

lunker Warlord

I remember it used to be a limit of 3, typically fort-citadel-fort but when I tried just a fort-citadel in my last game it didn't work so I'm curious to how this works now.

8. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

I have a question about CS quests - in some games I get certain quests at some frequency (find NW for example, when I find 1 then there are 2-3 quests in 1-3 turns later or sometimes 15-30 turns later). But in other games I get quest for NW only after I have discovered everything around and I have to discover Astronomy and move to another landmass to complete that quest.
    Where can I see probability of CS quests and can I change those?

9. lunker

lunker Warlord

With some quick tests with IDE I found that the maximum canal length is 2 (can be made with any combination of city,fort,or citadel). It seems ownership of the tile might also affect whether or not ships can pass.

10. 4CV

4CV Warlord

Your ship can pass a chain of fort/citadel/fort if there is a lake next to the citadel.
    _1.gif

lunker likes this.
  11. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

Each Fort/Citadel/City must be adjacent to water.

lunker likes this.
  12. MIS

MIS Prince

What was the last patch / version where Songhai's Mandekalu Cavalry replaced Horseman instead of Knights? I have "unfinished business" with them, even though everyone says the new version is the best.

13. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

In Civilopedia I see melee promotion "A winner is you" that cannot be chosen and grants +75% CS. Who can get this promo and when?

Good Ol’ Bender likes this.
  14. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

I don't see it anywhere. Is it a mod?

15. StevenV

StevenV Chieftain

Hello, Happy Holidays to everybody!
    Does anybody know how Adobe of Peace (1 Gold and 1 Faith in Holy City for every 10 Followers of this Religion in Foreign Cities. Minimum of 35 Influence in City States following this Religion. +20% rewards in City State Quests.) work when asking tribute from a CS? Can I keep the 35 influence and still remain friend with them even if I had only 35 influence when asking tribute. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  16. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

It only prevents by naturally going down below 35, if you ask for tribute it can go below (except if you have Tyranny (Tier 3 Autocracy policy)). Happy Holidays for you too as well, my friend! :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
    StevenV likes this.
  17. StevenV

StevenV Chieftain

Thanks for the info. Then I pick a different enhancer.

Revolutionist_8 likes this.
  18. youngsteve

youngsteve Prince

A question about barbarian bonuses. Looking at the difficulty file, it seems to suggest the human has more bonuses against barbarians up to immortal than AI. Is this so, or am I missing something.

19. Avendis

Avendis Chieftain

Hi! I haven't played Vox Populi for 1 year. Have there been any major changes?

20. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Define "major". AI's been getting constant updates, which in itself is "major" for me. There've been balance changes, some other, smaller changes, which can stack up. There was a spy rework (I'm not sure if it's over a year now or in the meantime, I often lose track of time...) which could be considered as major. Ohh, and don't forget all the bugfixes, which've been also plenty.