Quick Questions / Quick Answers

As in, surrounding each hex tile around the city. However, mountains help too
As in if I can't get a city connection to the capital, I'm being blockaded. That's basically it.

Can you explain? If I put units on the road connecting a city to the capital, it doesn't get blockaded. And capitals can get blockaded too
Imagine if every tile had a road on it and you managed to severed the connection to the capital. Same thing with a capital. If you can sever its connection with any other city, you're going to have a blockaded city.

Should the AI be able to declare war when a peace treaty is active?

I just finished a war with my neighbor like 2 turns ago tops, and when I asked him to get his troops away from my border he declared war on me.

Why does declaring war on one civ declare war on other civs as well? Same thing with embasies, if a civ my embassy, 2 or 3 other civs get it too.

It seems it does this if the civs are just friendly with each other. Shouldn't they need a declaration of friendship?

Imagine if every tile had a road on it and you managed to severed the connection to the capital. Same thing with a capital. If you can sever its connection with any other city, you're going to have a blockaded city.
If a civ only has one coastal city, can it be blockaded without blocking the sea tiles, then?

Why does declaring war on one civ declare war on other civs as well? Same thing with embasies, if a civ my embassy, 2 or 3 other civs get it too.
Normally I would say it's because they have a defensive pact, but based on what you said about embassies, I would guess they were put on the same team when the game was created.

As in if I can't get a city connection to the capital, I'm being blockaded. That's basically it.
Nice to know, so I can blockade a city without getting close to it if I have enough units.

Why does declaring war on one civ declare war on other civs as well?
Defense pact or they are vassals.

If a civ only has one coastal city, can it be blockaded without blocking the sea tiles, then?
That's the point.

"Defense pact or they are vassals."

Its not defensive pact. This happens in ancient era. Also, i looked at info-addict. No decleration of friendship.
Edit: I just took Russia's capital and the oeace deal included capitulation. England became my vassal too! This cant be intended, right?

Also, unrelated, how many turns between tribute? And how is the tribute score calculated? I never know how close to put my units.

Last edited:
What you described is the behaviour of a team : embassies, war, and technologies are in common.
(With EUI, team are represented by a colored flag on the Civ's portrait)
Team are chosen at the game settup (in the advanced settup panel).

So if blockade the capital, does every other city also get blockaded?

Oh ok. Thanks guys. I thought it was kinda suspicious that the techs matched more often than not. After i captured Russia litterly the entitr world declared war on me and i went from +50 gpt to -70 and -40 happiness xD. First game i've done well on emperor.

I wonder how the teams got messed up, i definitely didnt do it myself.

What would happen if i'll build Hagia Sophia (grants free prophet) with Pantheon but without Religion?

Should the AI be able to declare war when a peace treaty is active?

I just finished a war with my neighbor like 2 turns ago tops, and when I asked him to get his troops away from my border he declared war on me.

So does this mean you can just pillage the road connecting to the capital and then the city is blockaded? What about cities without connection to the capital, are they blockaded by default?

So does this mean you can just pillage the road connecting to the capital and then the city is blockaded? What about cities without connection to the capital, are they blockaded by default?
You ding dong. City is blockaded is when it is surrended by enemies, so units can't get out of city.

Top Bottom