1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I am 2 versions behind, so something might have changed, but I don't recall ever seeing a barb war elephant or zeppelin...

2. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Now this would be a nice feature. I don't think it is included in VP - I'd be very happy if someone proves me wrong.

3. Rowger

Rowger Warlord

I just finished a game that was at the latest version [not anymore since gazebo just uploaded another], and all they built at one point was elephants, and another only zeppelins, very weird. But that might be on me since I use a ****ton of mods, including barbarians evolved and leugi barbarian enhancements.

4. vyyt

vyyt Deity

This will be it. If you identify which mod is causing it, please do let me know. I will update the mods compatibility lists. Thanks!

5. Grabbl

Grabbl Prince

Does anybody remark a strong bias towards authority for the AI in the most recent version? It's not representative, but in my last 2 games, 80% of the AI went Authority. I just wanted to know if someone observes the same.

6. Unmei

Unmei Chieftain

I'm a bit confused. Just installed the mod again for the first time in quite a while and when I go to enable the mods, I notice there's two Communitas mods listed as well (AI and Tools and Enhanced Gameplay)
    Can I just ignore those? I used to use the modpack version when I last played, so I've never had to bother with manually enabling the mod before.

Thanks.

7. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Emperor

hi welcome back if you used the auto installer, activate all the mods and you are good to go. Dont mind the local mod name

8. Unmei

Unmei Chieftain

Thanks. I did use the auto installer, which gave me the 6 Vox Populi components, plus two Communitas ones. But the thing is, those can't be enabled. It says they're being blocked or missing dependencies:

Spoiler :

9. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

You do not need Communitas to play VP. :) They're not compatible, and you shouldn't try to make them so.

10. Unmei

Unmei Chieftain

Thought as much but it's nice to have confirmation. Thank you.

11. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Emperor

wow which version did you use to get anything else than communitas map ^^ ???

12. Unmei

Unmei Chieftain

Currently? I grabbed the 23/8 version from the subreddit earlier this morning. Also did a full clean install, so I doubt it's a leftover from back when I last played with the modpack though I suppose I could have overlooked something.

13. ashendashin

ashendashin King

Mods are stored in documents, not the game install directory.

14. Unmei

Unmei Chieftain

Ah, I figured it out.
    I'm aware mods are stored there, so cleaned that out too. Checking the folder again though, I notice that the Communitas folders were added along with the VP folders, but slightly later; at the exact same time as a map script I added through the Steam Workshop right after installing Civ V. Checking the workshop, lo and behold: I was still subscribed to the Communitas mods from 3 or so years ago.

That's what I get for taking year+ long breaks.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    vyyt likes this.
  15. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

Wait, there are VP maps?

16. Unmei

Unmei Chieftain

Ah sorry, no. I'm talking about system folders here, not in-game maps. I'll edit the post to prevent more misunderstandings.

17. Beniito

Beniito Warlord

any one know how great works of art get chosen ?
    it's based on the era that you're currently in, so the artist that is born is related to that era, correct ?

18. Paramecium

Paramecium Prince

Hello, my current game is still running on the 8-7-4 version of Vox Populi. I know that the problem was fixed in later versions, that civs became vassals to equal powerfull or even slightly less powerfull civs.

But I have a general question about Vassalage. If I am in a war with another civilization which is the master of another, can it be that it cant become a vassal itself, f.e. if I am heavenly beating the other civs that they would give me everything in the peace negotiation except their capitals? Or just plain, is it not possible for a master of any vassal relationship to capitulate to anyone else?

At the current point, I beat the master to the point, that the vassal is way stronger. I think, the only possibilty would be for me now, to end the war and hope, that the vassal gets released or revolts to its former master. But I am still afraid, that the former master would become the new vassal to its former vassal, because in that special case, I already have two vassals and I think civs prefer masters with few to none vassals.

Do I get it right?

19. Sundance Kid

Sundance Kid Chieftain

Here's the question: will East India Company provide a free copy of the Luxury Resource which I have right under that city (on the same tile with the city)?

20. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

It should.