1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions , Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by TaylorItaly, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I don't know that it even does adjust the AI difficulty at all as it states - AI as far as I have ever seen ALWAYS operates at Noble level - but was leaving it for someone who maybe does know to answer you.

2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Flexible difficulty does change AI difficulty, but the way handicaps have been set up now, only diffs between settler and Noble would make a difference for the AI.
    Handicaps below Noble affect the player with the handicap, handicaps above noble doesn't actually change anything for the player with the handicap, but for the human player a higher than noble difficulty would impact AI a lot.
    So we may want to change flexible difficulty to only shift AI between settler and Noble, while human player could use the whole range.

We've set up handicap this way so that choosing a higher difficulty won't change gamespeed like it did in vanilla, i.e. In vanilla, hammer cost of buildings, beaker cost of techs, and so on, would increase when choosing a higher than noble difficulty, it does not in C2C.

cobbaut likes this.
  3. Noopy

Noopy Chieftain

Okay so if I'm understanding this correctly, the flexible difficulty WILL help AI if they are struggling, but caps out at Noble while the flexible difficulty will continue to affect me? So if I put a floor at Monarch for example then the AI will NEVER get bonuses because they are only effected by Settler through Noble? Meanwhile it can continue to rise for me?

4. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Something like that, an AI on Monarch has it no harder than another AI that is on Noble, and if the human player diff increase from immortal to deity it will affect both the noble and the monarch level AI the same, making it easier for both of them, but it won't actually affect the human player directly.

In multiplayer I'm sure it is the host that decide the game difficulty, so if multiple human plays together, one choosing noble and another choosing monarch won't really make much difference between those two human players, but if one select lower than noble then that would make a difference for that one, if it's the host that choose lower than noble then all AI would get it harder as well as the host getting direct handicap bonuses, if it's not the host that select lower than noble then only that human player would get different handicap boosts directly applied to it.

5. Noopy

Noopy Chieftain

Okay got it! Thanks for the info! I Look forward to any reworks to the flexible difficulty. It seems like such a cool idea!

6. Noopy

Noopy Chieftain

Sorry, I tried searching the forums and couldn't find the answer. To discover resources do cities need to work the improvement?

7. irishhombre

irishhombre King

I don't think so, I have had improvements on the third ring discover resources before I can work said third ring.

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Should have to be within the expanse of the maximum radius of a nearby city, improved in a way that accesses the resource, owned, and routed. Doesn't need to be worked.

9. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I think all you need is improvement within cultural borders for discovering resource, @Toffer90 may know more.

cobbaut likes this.
  10. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Doesn't have to be worked, just within cultural borders.

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

12. irishhombre

irishhombre King

Quick question, does treasury maintenance actually do anything other than just put a negative number on the treasury screen. I did the math and with out it I make over 500 grand a turn and that is correct my income goes up that much a turn even though it says minus over 2 million a turn.

13. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Upload save, must be something else going on and a coincidence, it is part of the expense code for the player.

14. irishhombre

irishhombre King

I know I have overflow issues because of space buildings, so that accounts for some of the strangeness before Raxo jumps on it. But otherwise none of it adds up quite right

Attached Files:

15. Guyom

Guyom Chieftain

please ppl from the community, i have reinstall Civ 4 on my new PC i needed to install the latest patch 3.19 but the link says that the files have been archive, can you help me by putting a link to an active download civ4 patch 3.19 provider ? thanks in advance

16. Guyom

Guyom Chieftain

the link from the civ fanatics patch provider says This patch has been archived by the uploader because it is out of date and no longer supported.

17. cobbaut

cobbaut Warlord

18. Guyom

Guyom Chieftain

its ok i found an old file from my previous laptop but still the problem is there, the link from the forum is not active anymore.

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Thunderbrd likes this.
  20. Santa Klaus

Santa Klaus Chieftain

After researching Law Enforcement (Classical), the flammability in all my cities went down by 10 points. Is that intended? I could find no entry in the pedia or tech pop up.