1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions , Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by TaylorItaly, Jul 18, 2019.

1. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I didn't balance Flammability related stuff, so its very likely that some flammability got reduced by building replacements
    Now if players don't watch out for obsoletions buildings get autoreplaced.
    It isn't latest replacement, but second to last available building.

Santa Klaus likes this.
  2. Santa Klaus

Santa Klaus Chieftain

Playing with Complex Traits and Developing Leaders: Is there a way to view the current traits in game, and if not is there a file in C2C folder where one can check?

3. BUDDHAALIEN

BUDDHAALIEN Chieftain

I can´t put my capative military in slave tutors since i invented journalism, because the school of scribes are obsolete. My town has a libary and a university. What is required to put capative military into slave tutors ?

4. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Should be replacement of that building, but I guess I needed to update mission/outcomes stuff - its responsible for building dependant unit action stuff.

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

The current traits that have been selected by a leader? The pedia? I'm not sure what you're asking.

6. BUDDHAALIEN

BUDDHAALIEN Chieftain

Does this mean i have to wait till a update is coming out and than will this problem be fixed ?

7. ThroughLensDarkly

ThroughLensDarkly Chieftain

Hey! I just got the mod and really enjoying it so far. Almost into ancient era. Curious what policies do? I clicked the button from the civics page but it doesn't seem to do anything.

8. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

They don't to anything - this button should be disabled as its WIP

ThroughLensDarkly likes this.
  9. Santa Klaus

Santa Klaus Chieftain

The traits one receives as reward option for culture increase (developing leaders). I would like to view my leader's current traits, is that possible?

10. jatkinson

jatkinson Warlord

Hover over the flag next to the minmap, you should see your traits as part of the pop up.

Santa Klaus likes this.
  11. Santa Klaus

Santa Klaus Chieftain

Perfect. Thanks lots.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You can also get that information on any leader in the diplomatic screen.

On either location - the flag or the leader icon in the diplo screen, if you hold shift then hover again you cycle through which trait expands to show you all its details. There's a point on that loop where it JUST shows the traits selected with none of the traits expanded to show the individual information on that trait.

Santa Klaus likes this.
  13. armenia4ever

armenia4ever Chieftain

How long does it take a minor civ to become a normal civ?

14. tmv

tmv Emperor

If you start as minor civ, you usually become a normal civ at Writing (although I think there is an option that can shift this point).

15. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

If you play with the "barbaran civ" option then there's no set point where it will turn into a normal civ, will be a random roll each turn, chance for successive roll increase the bigger the minor civ becomes.

16. LetargicCrusader

LetargicCrusader Chieftain

Hello there! What does the number in parentheses shown after happiness/unhappiness in the city screen (only in one of my cities) mean? It is decreasing, which concerns me.

17. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Its vanilla feature - some temporary boost from event.
    Also it could be happiness from fighting animals, as its temporary too

LetargicCrusader likes this.
  18. felangejd

felangejd Chieftain

Hello here,

Firstly sorry for my bad english, i'm not a young french man who have the luck to speak english like me, so i try my best :)
    Secondly, thinks so much for this mod, it's one of the best about all civ and one the most followers about mods i think.

My question is about the BIG project with parallel maps.

I try so many last hour to understand how i can have multiple maps in game without succes.

I see it's possible someone of modder can do. I follow thread " parallel maps " in mods. i download the part parallelmaps1 but they are a error with devsetup.bat. I try parallelmaps4, hit alt and number 1,2 for ex but it's always the same map at different location each time.
    I try so many time, maybe i thinked you need to load 2 time with differents maps : No, I try too with editor and load a map : NO . Load with scenario : NO

To be honnest i'm lost.

So do you have a procedure very clear to do that because yes, it's a BIG step in C2C

Again a small group of modder to do that you accomplish it's amazing only with passion and time.

Last word of me, is maybe a brief upadate of status of the mod in one thread ( because all people aren't under discord to follow ) and i hope one day they are classic civ like MMORPG like aion, lineage and world of warcraft. Nostalgic people are in number and compagny understand that...

Thx to read me,

John.

19. MattCA

MattCA Prince

current version of mod has a bit more done.
    Turn on python debug mode by hitting ctrl - alt - shift - d (I think)
    then hit alt + number.

Turn needs to be modifier before it's actually playable.

20. BUDDHAALIEN

BUDDHAALIEN Chieftain

Is there an update avaible yet to fix this problem ? I never understood why there wasn´t never a slave compound put in this game. I need this science points to increase my research. 12 rounds for atomic technologies are too long. The whole world can´t feed me enough with slaves. Commercial slaves are too less.

Attached Files: