1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions , Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by TaylorItaly, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Joij21

Joij21 Emperor

Is the Dreamland religion for Australian Aboriginals going to be added?

Are Polynesian religious beliefs going to be added to fill in that part of the World as well?

2. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Nope, DH wanted to add it but he got stuck somewhere, and then he eventually left modding altogether.

3. Joij21

Joij21 Emperor

Oh well, that sucks.:sad:

4. cobbaut

cobbaut Warlord

Is there a reason far capturing your own burglar when he is wanted in your own city? I always just lose either the burglar or the LE, but nothing else happens (I was hoping for an Easter egg).

5. Nitrazius

Nitrazius Chieftain

Is there any way to turn off criminal units like Gunfighters, Scoundrels etc? I'm playing a game where I control the entire continent along with my vassal and they're constantly spamming those criminals, sending them into my lands. I'm currently saturating my borders with dog units with visibility range promotions so I can try and see them before they wreck havoc in my interior lands and kill off all my automated workers.

And on a related note, sometimes when I attack those units they withdraw- fair enough. But if they withdraw into a fort or city, I can't attack them. How do I finish them off in that case?

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yes... a very good chance of getting a captive without having to go to war to do it.

Not really but there's help on how to deal with them in the player's guide.

Arrest them if you can get them to a 'wanted' status by investigation. That's tough to do if they ended up in a fort so you might have to destroy the fort.

Nitrazius and cobbaut like this.
  7. west india man

west india man Immortal

why do you have forts if you control the entire continent?

8. Santa Klaus

Santa Klaus Chieftain

What's the required Tech or Building for these "Influence of..." Promotions?

influence of.jpg

9. jatkinson

jatkinson Warlord

Sounds like something from Astrology...

10. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Those are tied to Astrology traits, which are tied to Astrology group wonders.

They are unlocked at Classical era (Astrology tech + other one), and since they are group wonders, you can get only one such thing.

Santa Klaus likes this.
  11. Nitrazius

Nitrazius Chieftain

Built by the AI civs that I never bothered to replace when I conquered their lands.

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Those AI forts may also provide a resource if it's built on top of one. But the rewards of a fort are like a city built on a resource (which the AI used to love to do). And if the fort is destroyed at the edge of a cities Cultural influence, especially just outside of it, the tile it is on and surrounding it may become unclaimed again.

This may have changed recently. But I don't think it has.

MattCA likes this.
  13. cobbaut

cobbaut Warlord

Any idea why the "spread culture" espionage mission is not available in one of my neighbour's cities?
    This city is close to my borders and has 0% of my culture, other cities of this neighbour do have this "spread culture" option for my spies.

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Is the cost prohibitive? You can see cost projections against a particular opponent for missions in the espionage advisor - it might also explain there why you aren't able to do the mission in general. I'm not completely sure otherwise.

15. tmv

tmv Emperor

I can confirm that the "spread culture" mission is not offered at all if your own culture is not present in the city.

MattCA, Thunderbrd and cobbaut like this.
  16. cobbaut

cobbaut Warlord

(Ah Thunderbrd, my faithful reply-er, thanks.)
    No the cost is not the limit, it takes 600 to 2000 spy points in the other cities and I have over 40000 on him. The option does appear now, like six turns later, but it was not there for a long time.

EDIT: tmv explained one microsecond before I posted, thanks.

tmv and Thunderbrd like this.
  17. Joij21

Joij21 Emperor

I don't think the custom civ module is working anymore for my updated Sparth's civ megapack. Were any tags regarding civs changed recently? I can't find any differences caused by XML so I'm thinking some deep python changes may have taken place.

18. Joij21

Joij21 Emperor

Umm guys I think I figured it out, you got rid of the custom civ folder in modules!! But why!!! :mad:

19. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I think Raxo moved all civs in there into core.

20. Joij21

Joij21 Emperor

I got it working again!!! :smug: You can add modules back into the mod, you just have to give it an entry in the load modules file, I also had to remove all the civs that had been moved into the core.

Hungarian and Chinese language support has been dropped, hence I had to remove all remnants of them from any custom civs to make them work again for the new version. Oh and apparently the American Confederacy unit art has been removed, so I have given the CSA the American unit art style (sorry you'll just have to play with bluecoat southerners from now on :undecide:).

MattCA likes this.