1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quickest Way

Discussion in 'CivRev - Multiplayer' started by humpadiddy, Jul 14, 2008.

1. humpadiddy

humpadiddy Chieftain

Whats the quickest way to a nuke? I know you have to complete the Manhatten project to get it but it takes so long before they tell me I only have 5 moves left before whoever is winning gets a domination victory, but it takes 75 turns to complete the project. Any ideas?:confused:

2. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Well, my suggestion is stop worrying about getting a nuke and spend more time trying to prevent the winner from getting that close to a domination victory. Be more aggressive earlier rather than waiting until the end.

3. humpadiddy

humpadiddy Chieftain

Ive played 7 games. 4 dominations, 3 culturals and the rest I lost. I didnt ask for a srategy tip on how to win. I just wanted to try using it once to see how it looks. But thanks for the unhelpful response.

4. tonycz

tonycz Chieftain

Save a great builder and use him to auto-complete the manhattan project.

5. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Whether or not you want to take my advice, I'm telling you if it takes you 75 turns to build the Manhattan Project, you're doing something wrong.

6. Zackreaver

Zackreaver Chieftain

Speed build the project with gold or use a great builder.

As for getting the atomic theory, fastest way is to use a great scientist on it.

If you didn't know, you can stockpile great people by just choosing "let me think about it" and telling them to wait, then use them to speed build something really expensive, like use great builders to instant build a wonder, or a great scientist to research an advanced tech immediately after you finished your previous one.

7. BOSS NASTi

BOSS NASTi The Boss.

Honestly bro nukes aren't going to clutch you games bro. Nukes are more like an elective, something you don't have to do, but you can if you want to. A Nuke really isn't wat it's cracked up to be pimp.

8. KingDerfliw

KingDerfliw Chieftain

A nuke, when used properly can turn the game, so if you can get, by all means get it, but make sure you have a plan for its use.

9. JayAhre 13

JayAhre 13 Chieftain

agreed boss... a nuke is cool to have, but you should have already won the game by the time you can build one.

a big tip for you, as soon as you see great people settled in other civ's cities, build spies and go take them. that should net you a builder and a scientist at least, which you can use to rush AT and then build the manhattan project.

and for the guy who asked this question - dont' take offense to this, but it shouldn't take you 75 turns to build it... maybe 25 AT THE MOST/ otherwise it's a huge waste anyway.