Quickie: [default] Leader Name

1EyedKing

Chieftain
First and foremost: Hello, though it's my first post with this account, I've already been introduced to the CIVFC Forums and have posted for a while, a couple of months ago. The account has been deactivated (I guess) because I've dedicated myself to reading, mostly, rather than writing. Anyway, assume the need for a welcome unnecessary, unless you're one of those strange, few nice persons in the world.

So anyway, let's cut the chase: you may have noticed when customizing your civilization, before actually starting the game, that the options default all your civilization adjectives and nouns but doesn't do the same with your Leader Name. I was wondering if there was an direct option to default the Leader Name to that Civilization's Leader Name (e.g. Selecting Elizabeth of the English Empire would lead to defaulting my Leader Name to "Elizabeth"), or at least an indirect plausibility (I've tried writing "[default]" only to be saluted as such by other civilizations; not very realistic); in the worst of cases, a mod. And if you'd like to make it rain too, at least how to mod such an option.

I'd be more than grateful for an answer, even if it's a short one.

ii 1eyedking wellcome to cfc

I agree. I like to use the leaders' real names.

I like to put in names anyway. The leader of Mali is Mighty Musa, that of the Celts Arthur, and Germans is I'll Be Bach.

I know one of the Civ text files lets you change that default name, but I don't know if there's a value you can put in there to make it dynamic. Maybe if you change the file to make it blank?

Sorry, I'm not sure which file it is, I'm not at my Civ computer.

Here's an idea:
There's a multiplayer option called Anonymous (quote: "The true identity of all leaders is hidden"). It masks your name with your selected Leader's name. If, somehow, it could be ported into the Single Player game's options, not only would you read or introduce yourself as such to other civilizations, but the Hall of Fame would actually record YOUR name.
Now, I have absolutely no idea how to do this, so I'll leave it to the tinkering wits of modders and programmers.

1EyedKing said:
The real pronunciation makes the joke go sour.
now i get it! it should pronounced like "i'll be back" :lol:
i was somwhat confused as i read the "i'll be bach" post :lol:

/ontopic: for me the [default] ([standard] in german cIV) works perfectly.

0d1n3oo3Broad said:
/ontopic: for me the [default] ([standard] in german cIV) works perfectly.
Did you type "[standard]"/"[default]" without the commas? Or some variation? Was it Custom Game, or Play Now? For I have tried, and the game called me 'Emperor [default]'.

i copied the [standard] from one of the other fields in my leadername-field. it was as i build a scen in worldbuilder and i wouldn't everytime search my name in the wb.save and change it to the leader_XX tag.
but it was vanilla civ4, not warlords. perhaps in warlords it doesn't work anymore. and it was everytime play now.

I've already tried on vanilla cIV, but to no effect.
There must have been something else appart from the tag.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea of how to port the Anonymous MP option to SP?

Top Bottom