Quill18 video May 25th

Whoah my brain is melting.

Did you guys notice some city info : Number of Amenities, of religious citizens, housing capacity ?

Also, on tiles there's an Appeal score and a "continent" thingy. Naming continents ? would be amazing

It also seems that lux resources provide housing capacities. Which might be tied to a new kind of city spamming limitation or a new type of local happiness.

Firaxis, please a 60 turn demo ? PLEASE

Interesting elements:
Some coasts have cliffs? Is this a graphics eye-candy thing, or is this meaningful. Very interesting to see, because natural harbors should be a rare commodity, and this might be similar to that sort of idea, where not all tiles are good for coastal access.
The "districts" aspect of city expansion reminds me of something out of shogun total war II, with there being a limited number of slots, each of which is dedicated to a building tree.

Also, when looking at a tile, there was some sort of "appeal" thing, any ideas?'

My extrapolations are probably not correct, because I didn't have sound on while watching, but that's sort-of what I gather.

Still working through the video, very little time for this post, will go in depth later after finishing, but currently I'll just say it looks GREAT (have not finished all the way). Hammers replaced by gears, for those who were spying for tile yields like me

Tile Improvements and buildings all contribute towards increasing a city's pop cap.

Woah! It looks beautiful.

Suddenly we have so much information... We'll be analyzing and speculating for weeks, lol.

Also, did anyone manage to discern what the limiting factor is gonna be in this iteration?
E.g. corruption from III, maintenance from IV, happiness from V.

Probably population limits per city and the buildings required to raise them? That and getting adequate food to feed your citizens whilst also balancing them with required districts. Those would be my guesses

YOu can declare a surprise war or a justified war, with different consequences. There are prerequisites for a justfied war.

Wow, this looks great. RPS article author brought up some great stuff on the AI. So many new ideas there.

So... leaders have painted backgrounds!

Do you think this means they will change? We will see different backgrounds depending on their technological era or diplomatic status (war/peace)?

Anyone else think the China represented in the video is the Qin Dynasty (judging by the Capital City) lead by Qin Shi Huang (I'm guessing based on the little leader icon to the top right)

Yep. Emperor QIN was my guess for civ6 last week.

Certain buildings, Wonders, government types, and diplomatic options are unlocked in the Civics tree (which requires Culture).

So... leaders have painted backgrounds!

Do you think this means they will change? We will see different backgrounds depending on their technological era or diplomatic status (war/peace)?

Good point.

On roads. Did quill mention anything about RR? I think unlike roads we build rails. That would gel with history.

Anyone else think the China represented in the video is the Qin Dynasty (judging by the Capital City) lead by Qin Shi Huang (I'm guessing based on the little leader icon to the top right)

Looks like it from the icon on the top right.
Decent choice, although I would have preferred somebody from the Tang or Song Dynasty because they lasted longer.

What min?

Cleopatra is mentioned in the Rockpapershotgun article. She was nice to the player while he had a large army to deal with barbarians. When he disbanded the units do save money she first sent an insult and later declared war.
Shortly after that Roosevelt declared war on Egypt for her aggression.
Looks like leaders really will have more character.

I'm still not a fan of the art style, but it looks better than in the first screenshots. Reminds me more of old games like the Settlers series than mobile games. The leader screen also isn't nearly as bad as I feared.

I am REALLY digging the UI design. Graphics also look far less saturated. Really nice first impression.

Top Bottom