1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quite a few issues I can't figure out

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Grungeking, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Grungeking

Grungeking Chieftain

Using the latest builds, I'm having a few problems.
    First, I've built a couple wonders know that start votings, but there haven't been any votes ever.

I have plenty of great people, but I can no longer start a golden age. I need seven, and it never changes from (need 3 more).

I don't get any buttons for making corporations, they aren't there and greyed, they just aren't there.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Not sure. Not at all familiar with that side of the codes.

You do need each to be of a different type. Thus more than one prophet only counts as one (and would only take one of them when you start a GA.) Would this account for it?

Are you on the option that makes corporations auto-spawn rather than being founded by great people? (Realistic Corporations I think) I really hate that option for this reason - loved the original way they were generated! (Though I think the AI needs a little more work to get them to save up their GPs for this purpose throughout the whole game as I do as a player and to get them to very carefully place their corporate headquarters.)

3. Grungeking

Grungeking Chieftain

Ah, well about the great people I suppose I didn't read that well enough then. I think I've just got a bunch of merchants and prophets mostly, though I'm sure there is an odd scientist and artist kicking around too. I'll save the next doctor and spy and see if that is all it was, thanks.

I don't have the box checked for auto-corp founding, but in my sidebar when loading I do see realistic corporations. Is there something besides having the box unchecked that has to be done? I saw that in the options, and it was never ticked but maybe it something you have to disable before world gen?

Thanks.

4. Grungeking

Grungeking Chieftain

Got that backwards - the box is for no auto corp start, and it is ticked and has been since I found it.

5. Grungeking

Grungeking Chieftain

There were more, but of course when I started the thread I couldn't think of them. Here are a couple more, quite small issues.

The Montreal Biodome says it gives a random animal every five turns, but by random it means only cats, dogs, or rarely bears.

The Kentucky Derby does not spawn any horses, it says it should every 10 turns.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

When the code was written there were only cats, dogs and bears;). We I need to revisit the code and make it generic so that when we add more animals we don't have the change the code.

7. Grungeking

Grungeking Chieftain

Ah, right on. I was pretty excited about that since I thought I'd be able to get a whole bunch of 2% science bonuses all over. I still got a few of course, and I think the wonder reduces pollution so that's nice as well.

I guess then that the Derby was made around the same time and horses were not available to spawn?

Also, no word on any of the wonders that start votes?

8. IronClaymore

IronClaymore Chieftain

In v33, the wonders that do votes were affected by game speed, and I don't think this has changed. So, if you're in eternity speed or something, you get the vote to elect a chairperson eventually, and then you have to wait several hundred turns before you get the option to suggest something.

With the Council of Vienna (or whatever it's called) you end up discovering its obsolete tech before you even get to vote.

Rather than relying on the biodome and derby, I just gave park rangers and ecologists the ability to build all herd and cage buildings. Why should my new cities in renaissance and later be hamstrung by the fact there's no wilderness left to spawn animals in?

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

You could just build the trainer tamer buildings and get all the herd buildings in your cities before the Middle Ages.

10. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder