1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.18 BETA

Combines various tweaks from the "Quo's" series into one package.

1. isau

isau Warlord

isau submitted a new resource:

Quo's Combined Tweaks - Combines various tweaks from the "Quo's" series into one package.

Read more about this resource...

2. Jupakazoid

Jupakazoid Chieftain

Is the Palace walls and better oasis available as standalones? I use Lvl2 Scouts, Rocket Boots, and Chiefdom Wildcard already but don't necessarily want everything that comes with this.

Look around but couldn't seem to find it, although I could just be terrible at searching.

3. isau

isau Warlord

They aren't available as stand alones (the oasis piece was originally part of "Quo's Pre-Patch Tile Yield and Building Cost Adjuster" which is partially implemented into this combo pack), but if you would like to you could grab the code from this mod and put it in any of the others. Rocketboots would be an easy one to add the code to since that piece has only 1 line of code.

You'd want to put the following lines in:

--PALACE
    --The Palace has the effect of walls
    UPDATE Buildings SET OuterDefenseHitPoints='40', OuterDefenseStrength='2' WHERE BuildingType='BUILDING_PALACE' ;

-- OASIS
    -- Make the area adjacent to an Oasis worth settling, can result in some amazing locations if you get lucky
    INSERT INTO Feature_AdjacentYields (FeatureType, YieldType, YieldChange) VALUES ('FEATURE_OASIS', 'YIELD_FOOD', '2') ;
    INSERT INTO Feature_AdjacentYields (FeatureType, YieldType, YieldChange) VALUES ('FEATURE_OASIS', 'YIELD_GOLD', '1') ;

Overall I tried to add a lot of comments to the code to make it easy to see which piece does what. If you have any questions about what any particular line does so you can copy it or remove it feel free to ask. :)

4. Jupakazoid

Jupakazoid Chieftain

I actually noticed when I started digging through the code that it was incredibly well commented and looked pretty modular. I might use this instead and remove the sea resources as it's the only thing I really don't want out of all of this. I plan to use improved water yields instead since I like the harbor implementation of it instead of just the straight tile changes, and even if they both work together it will be a bit too much improvement for the tiles in question.

Can I just rip out the section about improved sea resources without causing any harm otherwise? If I wanted to leave the +1 gold to fishing boats in would it have issues without the improved sea resources?

I'm not a modder by any means, but I can generally piece basic things together.

Thanks for your quick reply on this, just went digging for mods and this was posted right as I opened the page.

edit: Does this mod even conflict with TCS improved water yields? I'm not even sure if they're compatible to begin with. I'd like to have the fishing boats +1g stack with the other mod also but if not I can remove the fishing boat line also.

5. isau

isau Warlord

Yep you can rip out anything you want. None of the code is self-referential in this case so if you take anything out the rest should still work. Just make sure if you remove whole sections and you should be fine.

The way to test your new code (on PC) is to go to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs and find the Database.log. Start a new game with the mod loaded, found your first city, and end turn. Then open the log (an ideal program is Notepad++ but regular Notepad works ok if you have to). If there are any errors in your code, you'll see them here. Photos below show location and what the log looks like when it's clean.

database log location.png database log.png

As to whether it conflicts with TCS water yields, I don't know. It quite possibly does, because I had to use the INSERT statement to get some lines into the database that weren't there before. If that mod also has INSERT statements, it could conflict. I don't know what the game would do if two mods both try to INSERT the same line.

In general though, UPDATE statements are safe. The Fishing Boat already has +1 Gold, and this mod just uses UPDATE to make that 2. So you can probably keep that part without a conflict.

Jupakazoid likes this.
  6. Jupakazoid

Jupakazoid Chieftain

Makes sense. I checked out the log with the changes of just removing the water resources and it seems like it's working out fine. Will have to test it out with a fishing boat and get a harbor but so far it seems like everything is good.

Thanks a lot! You've been extremely helpful and your work is excellent.

7. isau

isau Warlord

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Update v1.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

CyberFox likes this.
  8. isau

isau Warlord

Update Version 1.2

9. isau

isau Warlord

Version 1.3

10. KevSkegRed

KevSkegRed Chieftain

What do you get for circumnavigation?? I've done it a few times and there doesn't appear to be any recognition or bonuses for it.

11. isau

isau Warlord

There is no bonus for doing it. Sorry if that bit was confusing. Circumnavigation in this case means its now usually possible to circle the entire map with a ship. Without the mod, sea ice often blocks the path at the top and bottom of the map, limiting the usefulness of navies.

12. KevSkegRed

KevSkegRed Chieftain

Yes I noticed the ice a few times, then I started using Detailed Worlds and that give a 95% chance that there will be room to get round. I noticed in Civ 5 they omitted the Circumnavigate bonus, someone found it in the lua or xml files and switched it on, can't remember who or it could've been in the Community Patch.

13. KevSkegRed

KevSkegRed Chieftain

On the new update, does the Harbour include Royal Naval Dockyard??

14. isau

isau Warlord

It's supposed to, but if it's not working please let me know. I did accidentally miss the Russian Lavra, which I will release a fix for in the next patch.

15. isau

isau Warlord

New Updates, Focus on Improving Coastal Starts

KevSkegRed likes this.
  16. isau

isau Warlord

Quo's Combined Tweaks v1.5 (Christmas Update)

17. isau

isau Warlord

Quo's Combined Tweaks v1.5 (Christmas Update - Patch)

18. isau

isau Warlord

Quo's Combined Tweaks v1.6

19. isau

isau Warlord

Quo's Combined Tweaks v1.7

20. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

I don't see any code regarding the improved regional buildings in the uploaded version.