Quo's Combined Tweaks

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

isau

Deity
isau submitted a new resource:

Quo's Combined Tweaks - Combines various tweaks from the "Quo's" series into one package.

This modpack contains elements of the various "Quo's" tweaks I have released up to this point. Most of the changes in this mod are available in a stand-alone form in the Mod Components forum.

Compatibility
Unlike the other "Quo's" mods, this mod is intended to be a stand-alone. Do not run it alongside other "Quo's" mods.

It should be compatible with most mods that add units, maps, change the UI, or change the AI.

It may not be compatible with mods that adjust tile...

Read more about this resource...

Is the Palace walls and better oasis available as standalones? I use Lvl2 Scouts, Rocket Boots, and Chiefdom Wildcard already but don't necessarily want everything that comes with this.

Look around but couldn't seem to find it, although I could just be terrible at searching.

Is the Palace walls and better oasis available as standalones? I use Lvl2 Scouts, Rocket Boots, and Chiefdom Wildcard already but don't necessarily want everything that comes with this.

Look around but couldn't seem to find it, although I could just be terrible at searching.

They aren't available as stand alones (the oasis piece was originally part of "Quo's Pre-Patch Tile Yield and Building Cost Adjuster" which is partially implemented into this combo pack), but if you would like to you could grab the code from this mod and put it in any of the others. Rocketboots would be an easy one to add the code to since that piece has only 1 line of code.

You'd want to put the following lines in:

--PALACE
--The Palace has the effect of walls
UPDATE Buildings SET OuterDefenseHitPoints='40', OuterDefenseStrength='2' WHERE BuildingType='BUILDING_PALACE' ;

-- OASIS
-- Make the area adjacent to an Oasis worth settling, can result in some amazing locations if you get lucky
INSERT INTO Feature_AdjacentYields (FeatureType, YieldType, YieldChange) VALUES ('FEATURE_OASIS', 'YIELD_FOOD', '2') ;
INSERT INTO Feature_AdjacentYields (FeatureType, YieldType, YieldChange) VALUES ('FEATURE_OASIS', 'YIELD_GOLD', '1') ;

Overall I tried to add a lot of comments to the code to make it easy to see which piece does what. If you have any questions about what any particular line does so you can copy it or remove it feel free to ask. :)

I actually noticed when I started digging through the code that it was incredibly well commented and looked pretty modular. I might use this instead and remove the sea resources as it's the only thing I really don't want out of all of this. I plan to use improved water yields instead since I like the harbor implementation of it instead of just the straight tile changes, and even if they both work together it will be a bit too much improvement for the tiles in question.

Can I just rip out the section about improved sea resources without causing any harm otherwise? If I wanted to leave the +1 gold to fishing boats in would it have issues without the improved sea resources?

I'm not a modder by any means, but I can generally piece basic things together.

Thanks for your quick reply on this, just went digging for mods and this was posted right as I opened the page.

edit: Does this mod even conflict with TCS improved water yields? I'm not even sure if they're compatible to begin with. I'd like to have the fishing boats +1g stack with the other mod also but if not I can remove the fishing boat line also.

I actually noticed when I started digging through the code that it was incredibly well commented and looked pretty modular. I might use this instead and remove the sea resources as it's the only thing I really don't want out of all of this. I plan to use improved water yields instead since I like the harbor implementation of it instead of just the straight tile changes, and even if they both work together it will be a bit too much improvement for the tiles in question.

Can I just rip out the section about improved sea resources without causing any harm otherwise? If I wanted to leave the +1 gold to fishing boats in would it have issues without the improved sea resources?

I'm not a modder by any means, but I can generally piece basic things together.

Thanks for your quick reply on this, just went digging for mods and this was posted right as I opened the page.

edit: Does this mod even conflict with TCS improved water yields? I'm not even sure if they're compatible to begin with. I'd like to have the fishing boats +1g stack with the other mod also but if not I can remove the fishing boat line also.

Yep you can rip out anything you want. None of the code is self-referential in this case so if you take anything out the rest should still work. Just make sure if you remove whole sections and you should be fine.

The way to test your new code (on PC) is to go to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs and find the Database.log. Start a new game with the mod loaded, found your first city, and end turn. Then open the log (an ideal program is Notepad++ but regular Notepad works ok if you have to). If there are any errors in your code, you'll see them here. Photos below show location and what the log looks like when it's clean.

database log location.png database log.png

As to whether it conflicts with TCS water yields, I don't know. It quite possibly does, because I had to use the INSERT statement to get some lines into the database that weren't there before. If that mod also has INSERT statements, it could conflict. I don't know what the game would do if two mods both try to INSERT the same line.

In general though, UPDATE statements are safe. The Fishing Boat already has +1 Gold, and this mod just uses UPDATE to make that 2. So you can probably keep that part without a conflict.

As to whether it conflicts with TCS water yields, I don't know. It quite possibly does, because I had to use the INSERT statement to get some lines into the database that weren't there before. If that mod also has INSERT statements, it could conflict. I don't know what the game would do if two mods both try to INSERT the same line.

In general though, UPDATE statements are safe. The Fishing Boat already has +1 Gold, and this mod just uses UPDATE to make that 2. So you can probably keep that part without a conflict.

Makes sense. I checked out the log with the changes of just removing the water resources and it seems like it's working out fine. Will have to test it out with a fishing boat and get a harbor but so far it seems like everything is good.

Thanks a lot! You've been extremely helpful and your work is excellent.

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Update v1.1

This is a small update to Quo's Combined Tweaks to add faster border popping to the mod.

- City borders now expand much faster.
- To balance the increased value of Monuments this creates and also the value of Rome's free Monuments, Monuments are now 50% cheaper to build.

With this new update, you should expect there to be much greater competition for tiles than before. At higher difficulties, AIs that start with 2 settlers can very quickly begin to grab valuable tiles. It's still not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Update Version 1.2

I have added a number of new features to the Combined Tweaks mod. All changes are documented with comments in case you want to remove anything. I may release some of the newer changes as individual mod components if people are interested.

Remember that the stuff I put in the "combined" mod is just a reflection of how I personally play the game. I play for a while, look at what's not fun, and add stuff. So with that in mind, here's the new stuff.

- Circumnavigation. It is now nearly...

Version 1.3

New stuff:

This concentrates mainly on the order of certain districts. It appears the AI is coded to handle districts in a very specific way that tends to overemphasize Holy districts, and set the AI back. To combat that, and also add more gameplay fun, I have moved several districts around.

Encampment - No longer has prereqs. Note that since the Palace is a walled structure, building an Encampment in your capital will allow you to fire it.

Walls/Medieval Walls - Now require an Encampment...

What do you get for circumnavigation?? I've done it a few times and there doesn't appear to be any recognition or bonuses for it.

There is no bonus for doing it. Sorry if that bit was confusing. Circumnavigation in this case means its now usually possible to circle the entire map with a ship. Without the mod, sea ice often blocks the path at the top and bottom of the map, limiting the usefulness of navies.

There is no bonus for doing it. Sorry if that bit was confusing. Circumnavigation in this case means its now usually possible to circle the entire map with a ship. Without the mod, sea ice often blocks the path at the top and bottom of the map, limiting the usefulness of navies.

Yes I noticed the ice a few times, then I started using Detailed Worlds and that give a 95% chance that there will be room to get round. I noticed in Civ 5 they omitted the Circumnavigate bonus, someone found it in the lua or xml files and switched it on, can't remember who or it could've been in the Community Patch.

New Updates, Focus on Improving Coastal Starts

This update brings the Combined Tweaks mod up to speed with some new features in the December patch.

Change list:

City Center Receive Adjacencies from Ocean Tiles Upon Researching Certain Techs
  • On acquiring the Sailing tech, your City Centers gain an adjacency bonus of +2 Gold per adjacent Ocean tile
  • On acquiring the Celestial Navigation tech, your City Centers gain an additional bonus of +1 Hammer per adjacent Ocean tile
You can see...

Quo's Combined Tweaks v1.5 (Christmas Update)

A couple of new goodies and some balance fixes in today's patch.

Better America
America now has two abilities restored to it from Civ 5:
  • All American land combat units now receive +1 Vision
  • America now purchase tiles for 20% less Gold than other civs (stacks with policies that lower tile purchase costs)
Better Egypt
  • The Egyptian Chariot Archer now has the benefits of a Cossack-it can move and shoot on the same turn, and has +5 combat strength...

Quo's Combined Tweaks v1.5 (Christmas Update - Patch)

This is a patch to correct a minor omission in v1.5 that caused the Harbor hammer adjacency bonus that was added in 1.4 and supposed to be removed in 1.5 to still apply.

I had not planned on making this release today, but there were a few things that were half done when I realized the need to patch, so you get some bonus materials.

Better Norway (start of implementation)
  • The Stave Church unique building is now built in the City Center instead of in a Holy District. Its...

Quo's Combined Tweaks v1.6

Another bunch of changes aimed at making the game stronger. Some of these changes may be a bit more controversial than previous changes, but after playing a game with them I think they are in the best interest of how the mechanics work.

Here's what new in v1.6:

+1 Range for All Early Siege Units
  • Siege units desperately needed buffs, in particular due to how his mod gives extra mobility to so many units. Effective in this patch, Siege units now all have a minimum range of...

Quo's Combined Tweaks v1.7

I had a little more time this evening than anticipated and was able to roll out v1.7 faster than expected.

This update focuses mainly on some of the weaker Unique Improvements and fixing regional buildings which became really poor with Firaxis' December patch.

Improved Regional Buildings
  • The Hammer bonus of factory increased to 6 (up from 3)
  • The Japanese Electronics Factory now provides 8 hammers, 4 culture (up from 4, 2)
  • Power Plants now provide 8 hammers (up from...

I don't see any code regarding the improved regional buildings in the uploaded version.

Top Bottom