1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quo's Pre-Patch Tile Yield and Building Cost Adjuster 2016-10-29

Small mod; adjusts tile yields of hills, sea resources, and oasis while we await first patch

1. isau

isau Deity

isau submitted a new resource:

Quo's Pre-Patch Tile Yield and Building Cost Adjuster - Small mod; adjusts tile yields of hills, sea resources, and oasis while we await first patch

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    Buni0ns and Chinese American like this.
  2. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Warlord

Hello,

I am interested in the tile yield changes but not really the building cost adjustment. Is there any chance you can make a tile standalone version, or barring that teach me what to do to modify the mod myself?

Please & thank you.

3. isau

isau Deity

You could just find the line where the building cost is changed and delete it. Delete this line:

UPDATE Buildings SET Cost = Cost*0.7 ;

4. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Warlord

Thank you kindly

5. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

There's nothing wrong with the current building costs. If you want to balance the game, remove that part. Production only feels slow because research is way too fast - that's what needs to be balanced. There's already several mods for that if you want to implement them.

6. isau

isau Deity

I disagree. If you want to use the rest of the mod, you're free to remove that part.

LokiTheCat likes this.
  7. the343danny

the343danny Emperor

Thank you! Changing the XML files in assets didnt do anything so this is a life saver.

isau likes this.
  8. Maaka

Maaka Chieftain

The line to update building cost, can this be applied to different eras? And is this for building improvements (buildings/districts) only, or for all production (including units/wonders)?

9. isau

isau Deity

It can be, yes. I didn't want to get that specific with it, but you could tweak how it applies to different types of buildings by using a WHERE clause.

10. Maaka

Maaka Chieftain

Could you give an example of how that would be written?

11. isau

isau Deity

The ideal way to do is to download SQLite for Firefox and connect to the database so you can see the tables and field names involved. There are instructions for that on the modding tutorials forums.

Once you know what columns are available, you can limit the impact of an UPDATE statement using the WHERE clause. The general structure is:

UPDATE [table name] SET [field name]='value' WHERE [field name]='value'

Examples:

-- update just the wonders
    UPDATE Buildings SET Cost=Cost*0.7 WHERE IsWonder='1';

-- update Buildings based on what district they belong to
    UPDATE Buildings SET Cost=Cost*0.7 WHERE PrereqDistrict='DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER';

Finding the Era that unlocks a building is a bit trickier since Eras are for Civics/Techs and not Buildings. But with some effort I believe you could write code to reference back to those tables to determine a building's era. Someone may have done that already somewhere.

12. Maaka

Maaka Chieftain

Thanks. I'll play around a bit, see what I can do.
    Never done any modding to Civ myself before, so just fiddling around on my own for now :)

13. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Warlord

Still good with update?

14. isau

isau Deity

Yep. :)