1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Quot Capita: Majesty

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Sword_Of_Geddon, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

New Titlescreen.jpg

Greatness awaits you. You will master the ancient empires of antiquity, conquer Dystopian futures, build the greatest of wonders...all to prove that you are the one...true...king.

PATCH 3.1.9a: Out of Africa

-More bugfixes
    -Changes to some buildings for aesthetic reasons.
    -Two New Wonders, Big Ben and Adam Smith's Trading Company
    -New Technologies: Stone Carving, Blood Cult and Sanitation
    -New Building: Sewer, becomes available with Sanitation. I thought the mid game was lacking a health building
    -New Religion: Totemism, represents Native American beliefs.
    -New Civilizations:

-Zimbabwe: A powerful south african kingdom, Zimbabwe was once the dominant power in that region and was a part of the trade with Zanzibar, linking it to places as far away as India.

-The Swahili: A diverse group, in Majesty the Swahili civilization encompasses Zanzabar and the Maasai, basically the modern day nations of Tanzania and Kenya.

This modcomp was orginally based on Avain's Quot Capita, if you didn't guess. :p. This mod, is made by me, Sword_of_Geddon, and it has now begun a upgrade with my co-creator, Boonkie.

Boonkie's personal statement:
    "Swag."

Alittle background:Two of my favorate mods were Avain's Quot Capita and Chiyu's "Extra" mod. When playing either I missed features the other had.

Avain always wanted to bring some of Extra into his own mod, and said something to that effect before he left awile back, so while I cannot pretend this would be what that would look like, I'd like to think of this as a continuation, a spiritual successor if you will, to Avain's mod.

What does it add?

Well first before I get into that I'd like to give credit where credit is due.

Credits go to Platyping for his python coding, Dumanios(for his new civilizations), the Civgold team, Orion(for his naval mod, which I used the Corsair, Cog and Canoe), Vehem for his interface(used in the Rise from Erebus modmod), Chiyu(for his work on the extra mod), Bakuel for his units, the Capo for his leaderheads and units, Vebear for his units and civilizations, Dacubz for his units as well as Drakarska for his historical knowledge which has been a great help. Kingpin..a big thank you to you as well for the music he shared as well as the fantastic flag graphics you made.

Also I have to thank the numerious others for their work on various artwork which I have not named.

Without all of these people this mod would not have been possible.

New Features:

-Unique unit styles(ethnically diverse units) for many civilizations, Romans look like Romans, Greeks like Greeks, Aztecs like Aztecs and so on.

-Ethnically Diverse Citystyles for various civilizations. One of my main complaints with the vanilla BTS game was that most civilizations shared the same city art. Well..NO MORE. Mesoamerica, Middle East, South East Asia, Egypt and more have city art appropriate to those cultures.

-New Units: Capture cities in the middle ages with the Heavy Swordsman, raid enemy shipping with the Corsair, and fight wars in the future with the Objective Force Warrior, and so much more.

-New Civics: Straight from the Extra mod come a variety of new civics, including a brand new catagory: Military. Existing civics have been reorganized slightly.

-New Technologies: From Chiyu's Extra come Improved Formations and Crop Rotation, but that isn't the end of new additions. Research Piracy, Chivalry, Monasticism and more. The early game has been fleshed out.

-New Religions: Hellenism, Kemetism, Asatru, Zoroastrianism and Mesoamericanism, all from Extra, have joined the list of existing religions. The latest version also includes Shinto and Druidism.

My eventual plan is to make each religion as unique as possible.

-New Civilizations: Master the seagoing Phoenicians, the pyramid-building Nubians, and many, many others.

-New Era: The Enlightenment: The Renaissance and Industrial ages now have a concrete bridge between them. Experience the actual golden of Sail, the time of the Frigate, new thoughts on Government and Religion, that have shaped the world to this day.

Download The Mod Here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhV5elBpc1nJhS7hCTK4yR-Wi9eD

Remember to run your Civ4 Beyond the Sword as administrator.

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the mod from the link above

2. Place the contents of the RaR file(the Quot Capita foldier) in Beyond the Sword/Mods/

Notice: If using the Steam version, Make sure you are not using the folder:

steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization IV beyond the sword\Mods

for any BtS mods, but rather the one:

steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization IV beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Load the mod by loading up Civ4 Beyond the Sword and selecting "Advanced" then "Load a Mod", and select this mod to load. It may take awhile, due to the mod's size.

NOTE: to get the religions displayed with the civilizations, you need to go to your steam library(if using the steam version), then click on Beyond the Sword/Properties/Beta then select "Original Release Unsupported".

Changelog:
    Spoiler :

Changes PATCH 3.1.8

-More bugfixes, mod should now be fully Steam compatable as well.
    -Re-Designed unit upgrade paths.
    -New Civilizations:

-The Irish: One of the last strongholds of Celtic culture, the Irish have fought to maintain their culture and independence, with mixed results, since ancient times and even today.

-The Champa: Now known as Southern Vietnam, the Champa were a southeast asian culture with a strong maritime tradition, and rivaled the Malay pirates with their own pirate activities. Ethnic Cham still exist, but their nation was conquered by Vietnam.

Changes in PATCH 3.1.7

-More bugfixes(smaller ones)
    -Re-Designed unit upgrade paths.
    -New Civilizations:

-The Greeks have been split into Athens and Sparta, each with two leaders and two unique units.
    -The Philippines have been added, with the awesome unit art of Bakuel of coarse.
    -The Knights Templar and the Knights Hospitalier have been added, both have a unique mechanic: They can spread their orders, even into other civilization's cities via two new medieval "corporations".

Changes in 3.1.6:

-Most stable version yet. I've been careful to eliminate as many bugs as possible.
    -New Khazar Civilization
    -Soundtrack has been further enhanced once again.
    -Unit lines have been reworked, as have many units.
    -Small release this time, this version is more about fixing what is already here and polishing it.

Changes in Version 3.1.5:

-The Brand new Enlightenment Era, which comes in between the Renaissance and Industrial Ages!-Many new leaders for existing civilizations. All civs have at least two now
    -Soundtrack has been further enhanced thanks to Boonkie and I's work.
    -More New Civilizations: The Koori Aborigines, Confederate States of America, Muiscan Confederation, Haida, Old Ghana, and Mauritania/The Moors join the already extensive list of Majesty Civilizations.
    -New Units: The Spear-Thrower, Javelineer, and the Brigantine.
    -Reworked Civilization names: Tired of all civs being called "Empire" in the game? Well this is no more. Now play as the United States of America, not the "American Empire", or the Mexica Triple Allaince, not the Aztec Empire.
    -New Leader Traits, Promotions and Wonders should work properly now

Changes in Version 3.1.4:

-New Wonders, all with unique powers(thankyou Platyping) have been added.
    -New City Graphics for Ancient India, Amazonian South American and Anasazi
    -New Civilizations: The Tarascans and Tupi have returned, also Baktria, the Totonacs, Nabataea and Serbia have joined the ranks of Majesty's civilizations.
    -New Religious units: Crusaders for Christianity and Jihadists for Islam.

Changes in Version 3.1.3:

-New era scenes when reaching new eras. I thought it was time for a change.
    -Added the Naacal
    -Added new flags for all Civilizations
    -Some clean up on unit upgrade paths was done to reduce clutter later in the game in the city build screen. No more Industrial Caravels.
    -Theodora(from Civ3 and Civ4) has been added as the third leader of the Byzantines.
    -New Seafaring Trait for more leader diversity.
    -The Modern Era is now called the "Atomic Era", and the Synthetic Era is now the "Information Age".
    -All eras now have an awesome new soundtrack which I spent hours putting together for the most immersive experience possible.

Changes in Version 3.1.2:

-Added Avalon, Scotland, the Chimu.
    -Numerious new units for existing civilizations such as the Dutch Sea Beggar or the Portuguese Noa.
    -Captain Morgan has arrived to lead the Welsh civilization.
    -Buccaneers now can attack without a declaration of war and have hidden nationality
    -Longbowmen now upgrade to Musketman
    -Fixed a bug with the Armenians that caused an interface malfunction.
    -Fixed a bug with some button graphics that was causing the game to crash.

Changes in Version 3.1:

-Fixed more bugs
    -Added new soundtrack for Ancient, Classical, Modern and Future Eras(It works this time I swear lol)
    -Added Rajput, Benin, Swahili, Sweden, Venice, Brazil, Trojans, Minoans, Amazons as well as Atlantis and Lumeria. Oh and did I mention I also added Canada?

-New Pirate naval line, for Privateer action threwout the ages
    -New trade ship line, an alternate way of getting gold.
    -Cavalry now upgrade to the Recon vehicle line instead of Helicopters.
    -New ancient wonders

Changes in Version 3.0:
    -Many bugs have been squashed
    -Missionaries for the new religions have been added, also the religious wonders for Egyptian, Mesoamerican, Greek and Zoroastrianism have been fixed to work correctly.
    -Missionaries for new religions(that I just mentioned) require that religion to be your state religion to be built.
    -Civics have been redone.

Changes in Version 2.0:
    -Many existing new civilizations now have their own unit artstyles.
    -Almost every new leader now has unique first contact diplomacy text.
    -Changed the new religious wonders to have unique effects and require their associated religion(Sphinx requires Kemetism for example)
    -The Fusion Ships from Extra have been added.
    -The ancient, classical and middle ages have been reorganized slightly to last longer.
    -New unit class: Cavalier and Continental Marine have been added.
    -New title screen and themesong

Screenshots:

Spoiler :

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Subscribed
    Good luck with your project! :)

3. Sword_Of_Geddon

Thankyou. :) I hope people enjoy it.

4. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

Downloading, of course.

5. Roscoe Dixon

Roscoe Dixon Chieftain

Geddon:

I have tried to DL the second part over and over. The most I have been able to DL is 91%. Whats with FileFront.:confused:

6. Roscoe Dixon

Roscoe Dixon Chieftain

It wasn't FileFront, but GameFront

7. Wanlorn

Wanlorn Chieftain

The mod crashes on startup, though this may be because several files can't extract to a steam install because their filenames are way too long.

8. Roscoe Dixon

Roscoe Dixon Chieftain

I have the same problem Wanlorn. Loads but will stop after Xml.

9. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

I'm having issues as well. SOG, can you double check your uploaded files again? I usually don't have any probs from GF, but for some reason I keep getting a "file corrupt" msg.

10. Sword_Of_Geddon

Thats odd. Is Gamefront corrupting the files?

The files were split into two parts in such a way that either could be installed to the same location and they would make up the whole of the mod, and they were working before I uploaded them.

I'll try reuploading...Ive deleted the existing corrupted files, may take awile to reupload so be patient. It will be split into four parts.

11. Wanlorn

Wanlorn Chieftain

Well, at least in my case I'm working off a default steam install and it's never going to be able to install to that, as several of the file names are too long to extract properly. I think the main culprits are the israeli palestinian riflemen and a submarine model

12. Sword_Of_Geddon

That might be the problem, as this mod was not designed for Steam. Is there any way you can use windows to load Beyond the Sword?

Anyways the new download links(and instructions) are up. Let me know if theres any additional problems.

If things are working well I have completed the Zapotec civilization with Dumanios' help, I'd like to include it in the next update, provided the downloads are working properly.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

13. Roscoe Dixon

Roscoe Dixon Chieftain

SOG Still having problems with this mod. I did exactly as you said. The mod quits after the Quot Capita Engine starts.

14. Sword_Of_Geddon

For part two and above are you unzipping the entire foldier in the mods/Quot Capita directory or just the files? If its the foldier itself then that would be the problem.

15. Sword_Of_Geddon

In any case perhaps a screen shot may help solve this mystery.

16. kungfudan

kungfudan Chieftain

Error I get:
    Code:
    GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme

17. Sword_Of_Geddon

I remember that error. The foldier the mod(the files contained in the downloads) is in must be named Quot Capita, otherwise that error appears.

18. Roscoe Dixon

Roscoe Dixon Chieftain

SOG
    I tried the instructions again and the problem is still there.

19. kungfudan

kungfudan Chieftain

It is.

:dunno:

20. Sword_Of_Geddon

That may be why, my version has the main civ4 foldier name as Sid Meier's Civilization 4.
    Ill see if I can't fix this for all, in the meantime try renaming your Civ4 foldier, and let me know what happens.