1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quot Capita

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by avain, Jan 29, 2008.

1. RPG

RPG King

I'd like to see Events w/ Images added.

2. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

I can't get inquisitors after changing to theocracy. do I need a christian building ? No help in the pedia and I couldn't see anything in the xml..... Missed something ? Hum. Now I can still spread non-state religions. Bug ?

3. biship

biship Warlord

Love this mod, play it daily. New ver soon perhaps? :)

4. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

Me too. But I need those inquisitors - my large empire is becoming unstable.:cry:

5. Hans Lemurson

Hans Lemurson Prince

How do you get hunting to work? Is there some sort of option you need to enable?

I have given a number of warriors the hunter promotions and they go out and kill themselves some animals, but then nothing happens; no food, no special message.

Am I missing something, or is this probably some sort of technical glitch? If the latter, what would be the best solution. I am using version 5.3, if that's any help.

Also, I noticed an aztec scout heading through tropical jungles with an arctic warfare promotion. It seems that the AI might not know how to handle some of the new promotions. Perhaps it simply chooses them at random? This is fairly trivial though in the scheme of things.

6. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

Hmm. Don't seem to be anyone at home right now. Shame. This is a really well-balanced mod.

7. Santhman

Santhman Commander in Cheese

the inquisitors work fine for me :undecide:

and yeah the AI doesn't make the best choices in promos. Perhaps the AI could be improved?

8. biship

biship Warlord

This is by far the best mod. Not too much, just the right changes and inclusion of the best mods. Any chance of an update?

9. RPG

RPG King

Avain, is there an update coming?

10. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Warlord

Quot Capita! We need! Give the people what they want! And they shall love you!

11. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Warlord

12. Nemesys

Nemesys Chieftain

Excellent mod as always Avain, I salute you!

I would suggest you to add this sdk modcomp into your next version, it is called

Show Hidden Attitude Mod by DaveMcW

it should improve diplomacy mechanics and understanding a lot for those who (like me) love to play very much on that side..

Keep up the great job ,

Cheers
    Nem

13. Saiko

Saiko That one guy

I think the mod version is great now as it is. Keep up the good work dude, and just take your time!

14. biship

biship Warlord

15. Cheshire

Cheshire Chieftain

This, combined with "merged mod" would be all I would ever need to play Civ.

16. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

If your going to look at any other mod for something, I'd look at Chiyu's extra.

I like how he has included some civilizations from past games, but namely, the native american ones, as I think having one Native Civ that is all-encompassing is sort of annoying.

He put colonization's LH's to good use with them. Including the Iroquois, Cherokee and Apache from Colonization(renaming the existing civilization the Sioux) was for me the best part of his mod(Tupi and Arawak of South America were bonuses). I'm aware theres an old civ addition of VD, but it hasn't been updated in awile.

If there was one other new unit i'd possibly include its the ancient cavalry as well, maybe. I think it would be cool to have classical era horsemen.

Other than that I am very impressed by the creativity with the future era.

17. blunt3d

blunt3d Warlord

Hey mod creator this is my 1st post on this thread and i've been playing this mod since 5.3 came out and i just wanted to say i love this mod(all i need is revolutions,dcm,and a graphics mod pack), but i love what you did with the late game it keep this game interesting/complex. The only complaints i have are minor like upgrade paths and some unit graphics but other then that keep up the good work don't gve up on this great mod.

18. os79

os79 Deity

By Jan 1, if the author had not returned and said he is returning at future date, i will attempt my hand at authentically updating it to RevDCM of Jan. 1, whatever it will be.

No promises on authenticity though because I'm no Avain :). But I can promise my best efforts if it comes to it. I'm not a player of other mods other than Rise of Mankind myself but I'm willing to branch out in modding from time to time for the community's sake.

I will let you know of my decision on Jan. 1, 2010 (almost typed two 0s :eek:, wow, time went by FAST!)

19. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Warlord

On Avain's profile I think he's still logging onto to the site which is good news. Take your time Avain and thanks for all the effort you've put into this!

20. jspanglet

jspanglet Chieftain

How do I remove a specific leader. Just the sight of Hitler makes me sick.