R.E.D. v.38: Hotfix for steam installation problem.

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
I've uploaded a new version of the mod on steam, I think the installation issue is gone, but I'd like confirmation.

I need one of you to try the update on steam and report here if the installation works fine (or not)

One of the (big) improvement with the patch 1.0.3.70 is that Firaxis has corrected the way DLL are linked, which means no extra installation step for vanilla users :)

One of the new problem is that the mod's main menu is not shown anymore, you'll have to go up to the Custom Setup screen to get the scenarios.

I'll have to deal again with the people clicking on "BACK" in the mods menu and then are asking why the mod is not working (I don't judge them, I've done it once :o )

That also means that the Hotseat loading screen is not accessible, I'll have to find a fix for that.

Edit:

v.38 (Aug 24, 2013):
- DLL : Update source code to patch 1.0.3.18
- DLL : Use DLL linking as allowed by patch 1.0.3.70 (no additional installation step for Vanilla Civ5 users)

Installation instructions have changed, vanilla civ5 users do not need to replace the original DLL file anymore, see the Installation thread before reporting any problem, thanks.

Available on CFC database and Steam Workshop.

The R.E.D. Xtreme for WWII Edition is also updated to reflect the change, update/install after the base mod.

Use the bug reports forum for any new or old bugs.

You have to be in my friend list on steam to see it ATM...

Oh, well, forget it, I'll just make the mod public again, and see if all hell broke loose :)

I keep seeing units with names like "Scharnhorst (TXT_KEY_UNIT_BATTLESHIP_SCHARNHORST)

Just downloaded it and it appears to work. Only problems are that some of the texts appear in the TXT_KEY_... format and churchill appears as elizabeth, but I think that down to this bug here. But you might want to prepare for the wave of comments on this.

yes, the text bug will happen with all versions of the mod and the last patch.

I have some Problems with The leader icons and nation icons. For example : Instead of showing Adolf Hitler and his nations flag I see Bismarck and the iron cross

yep, see 2 posts above yours.

I tested few turns in solo and in hotseat, and it seems to be working well, and I don't have yet crash in hotseat mod !

I tested few turns in solo and in hotseat, and it seems to be working well, and I don't have yet crash in hotseat mod !

Ho, so that explain why I had no crash while testing hotseat today. That's good !

That and the convoy bug fixed without me doing anything, well, thank you very much Firaxis :D

Top Bottom