[R&F] R&F Cultural Styles Preview in Asset Editor?

thecrazyscot

Spiffy
Several art assets were added to the Asset Editor after the last update, perhaps a preview of the increased cultural building styles coming in R&F.

Palaces (including current variants)
Spoiler :
Ancient_Palaces.PNG
Palaces.jpg

Monuments (including current variants)
Spoiler :
monuments.PNG

More may be added later, I'm sure. DLC variants are not accessible in the Asset Editor, which is why they are not included here.

Wow. Does anyone have a particular reference for that castle? Doesn't look like Edinburgh to me...

Sigh, they can't keep us down. I was lookin' forward to clues...

Oh wow. This is huge! It definitely looks like Scottish architecture to me - that distinctive style of grey buildings. And RSCT is a bit of a giveaway.

I'm about 50% excited because a Scotland Civ will be amazing, and 50% disappointed because it probably means Wallace who I really don't think would be the best choice for leader, and also because ugh Zulus confirmed...

OP's username checks out, too :p

I'm pleased they seem to be doing the Scots (although that's not confirmed yet - the Indian architecture style is referenced as Mughal after all, hence the "MUG") rather than "the Celts". But I was hoping for more non-European civs :p

Wow. Does anyone have a particular reference for that castle? Doesn't look like Edinburgh to me...
Looks like the tower at Balmoral Castle although it's not an exact replica if so

EDIT: User below posted a shot of Cawdor that is much more accurate

Last edited:
Spain seems to get an specific palace, curious. ¿Planing other mediterranean renaisance civs?. England also gets one, isn't it? And yep, Scotland.

Wonder if rome monument only applies to rome or all mediterranean. Specific art for Ancient era and South-America seem nice :)

OP's username checks out, too :p

I'm pleased they seem to be doing the Scots (although that's not confirmed yet - the Indian architecture style is referenced as Mughal after all, hence the "MUG") rather than "the Celts". But I was hoping for more non-European civs :p

Isn't Netherlands the only European civ in this EP anyway? Stretching for Georgia.

This is the least Eurocentric EP to date.

Wonder if rome monument only applies to rome or all mediterranean. Specific art for Ancient era and South-America seem nice :)
As OP said, those were added some time ago. So maybe meanwhile there are some more and Rome and Greece don't share a monument and thus it's not called MED.

Isn't Netherlands the only European civ in this EP anyway? Stretching for Georgia.

This is the least Eurocentric EP to date.

Oh indeed, that's why I was impressed!

And if that Palace is based on Balmoral, which is famous mostly as a residence for the British monarch, it's especially funny given today's earlier discussion about whether the British focus of the English civ precluded a Scottish civ. Edinburgh would've been a better choice.

Edit: never mind - Cawdor is a much better fit. Someone in the art department is clearly a Shakespeare fan...

This is... surprising. And people thought yesterday's announcement would lead to a disappointing week. Fools!

To complete the photo search, RSPA seems based on this one (Aranjuez). Domes, statue and all...

Spoiler :

Spain seems to get an specific palace, curious. ¿Planing other mediterranean renaisance civs?. England also gets one, isn't it? And yep, Scotland.

Pretty sure all Palaces will be unique to each Civ from here on in.

Top Bottom