[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator

So plagues, diplomacy, I am guessing golden ages and dark ages from what I read on steam and probably ideology.

Pretty sure I see plenty of Mongolia in that trailer.
Can't see how the Statue of Liberty isn't returning soon too :)

February 8, 2018? Wow!

Yeah - that was freakish fast!!

From Reddit:

The Civilization VI: Rise and Fall expansion brings new choices, strategies, and challenges for players as they guide a civilization through the ages. The expansion introduces new Great Ages, Loyalty, and Governors systems, expands existing Diplomacy and Government systems, and adds eight new civilizations, nine new leaders, a variety of new units, districts, wonders, buildings, and more. Can you lead your people into a Golden Age of prosperity? Or will your empire face the challenges of a Dark Age?

They always said they wouldn't do dark ages ... interesting to see how this works out.
Also, not sure about 'storytelling moments', I prefer a sandbox. We'll see!!

Here are some screenshots from the blog post on the official website:

The title "Rise & Fall" seems to confirm that the expansion will introduce gameplay mechanics for the rise and fall of empires. That is exciting. I can't wait to see what those mechanics are. I feel like good rise and fall mechanics is something that the civ franchise has always needed. I hope this expansion delivers. The last scene with the female character speaking in front of an assembly seems to allude to a world congress mechanic. The scene with the dying man might be a reference to a plague mechanic. The Berlin Wall scene might be a hint to a civil unrest mechanic and/or an ideology mechanic.

EDIT: This post is before I read the blog

Wow! Trailer made me cry. Someone tell me what's wrong with me.

I don't think I'd have managed if I hadn't been sitting directly opposite to other people who didn't know what I was watching.

Top Bottom