1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

R & T T2 D3 - Prepare For The Revolution!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game VI: Citizens' started by RegentMan, Apr 12, 2005.

1. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

There has been talk of switching governments, but no action taken. Please discuss what government you want us to switch to. The choices are: Despotism, Monarchy, Republic, and Feudalism. Here are the civilopedia entries for each government.

Despotism

Monarchy

Republic

Feudalism

Discussion will be open for 24 hours, followed by a public poll that includes these options, plus abstain.

2. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I thought According to this poll [thread]116126[/thread], that we decided that we should switch to Republic. That is how we should play, by being a Republic.

3. mad-bax

mad-bax Chieftain GOTM Staff

This has been polled twice and republic won easily both times. I still go for Republic for the reasons I stated in the original discussions. I'm not being snotty, it's just that I'm at work and don't have the time to trawl the threads for a link, or the time to re-write the argument. :)

4. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Ah, I remember that thread. Sorry about that. Well, consider this discussion closed then. :blush:

5. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

Nevertheless - thank you for the screenies showing the different governments, that would have been useful when it was discussed last term.

6. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Before we consider this completely closed, if there are any powerful reasons to change our minds based on the current situation, please bring them up.

7. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

Thanks for this reminder thread RegentMan, but yes, this was polled. :) It's ok, I still think the majority are for Republic after a first war.

8. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

I knew that there was a lot of pro-republic discussion before, but this was a main reason why I posted this. However, I'm certain that Ginger_Ale is correct in his assumption.

No problem with the screenies. I figured not everyone had conquests, so they didn't know what feudalism was. However, if I had a screenie of just feudalism, I could see how it might be unfair/incomplete. I like things complete. :)