Racing Deity to Space

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by Spoonwood, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

So,
    Ignas-up
    Spoonwood-on deck

2. Spoonwood

Literature next? Or do we want to go for Currency to try and pull a second level medieval tech?

3. Andronicus

Andronicus Emperor

Lets see if we get republic, then see how long it would take to get currency.
    If not too long, it may still be worth shooting for 2nd tier tech.

4. ignas

ignas kunigaikstis

Oh sorry for the delay, will play in a few hours.

5. ignas

ignas kunigaikstis

1500 .

IBT: Athens warrior-settler; Sparta worker-worker

1475 found Herakleia

IBT: Delphi worker- worker;
    Ur completes The Oracle

1450 .

IBT: philosophy->The Republic for free; revolt for a 5 turn anarchy

1425 found Ephesus on the red dot;

IBT: Great, Babylon completes The Pyramids

1400 .

IBT: Hammurabi demands philosophy, give it;

1375 .

IBT: .

1350 .

IBT: establish Republic

1325 disband few warriors;
    MM a bit

IBT: Sparta worker-worker;
    Corinth barracks->archer

1300 .

IBT: Athens settler-settler;
    Argos barracks-archer

1275 .

IBT: Sparta worker-worker

1250 left settler unmoved

Currency in 8, Babs and Persia have philo.

No luxuries are killing us, we have to pay 30% of our income (21 gpt) to make people happy. Suggest settling near gems agressively now.

Watch Thermopylae to finish granary before growing.

Keep building archers untill horses are hooked up. 10-15 attack 2 units might net 2-3 towns in a quick war against Babylon. Also Babylon has Pyramids so it should be our target in a future.

Attached Files:

6. Spoonwood

Bucepahlus, do you want the next turn since we skipped you? It's all yours if you want it.

Great news on The Republic slingshot. But, it seems like we got two indications as Babylon as probably the best trading partner in this game... The Pyramids and Hammy's demand (and Hammy has lots of grassland, rivers, and flood plains, though also quite a few hills). Babylon doesn't have iron hooked up yet, but Hammy has it near Larsa. We'll need to gift everyone up, hopefully trade with The Republic for the first three techs (hopefully Construction pops up soon), and hopefully get Theology as our free tech. Even if Hammy doesn't get Feudalism, he'll soon get it through AI-AI trading, I would suspect. Hammy has 110 gold right now. We have 2 towns with barracks and not a single archer yet. Loans from Hammy would spoil our trading reputation. It might also work as tricky to get Hammy to declare on us. So, if Hammy hooks up his iron, won't we get weariness from attacking Hammy?

7. Spoonwood

Might waiting until longbows might make more sense for getting at the Babs? I mean, we could train some archers for a bit, borrow some money from The Germans, The Sumerians/anyone else but the Babs, then upgrade to longbowmen. We'd have longbows vs. pikes then hopefully.

Around this time the AI actually seems to start research Literature. So, if we get Theology as our free tech I'd think we'll want to do Education-Banking next. If we get something else, I'd think Theology-Education. Or do you guys want to research Literature in case the AI don't do so (this sounds less risky, but slower in terms of tech pace, since we can pre-build libraries with granaries)?

8. Spoonwood

1225 BC- Currency stays at 8 turns as a worker gets produced.

1200 BC- Sumer completes The Colossus. Currency drops to 6 even though we produce a settler and a worker. Babylon has Construction and no one else does. The Ottomans have a worker for sale, which I purchase for 100 gold.

1175 BC-Thermopylae Granary-worker.

1150 BC-Ur completes The Statue of Zeus.

1125 BC-Found Thessalonica out near gems.

1100 BC-Babylon completes Museum of Mausollos.

1075 BC-No one else has Construction yet but Babylon, and only one turn left on Currency, so ring up Hammy. Trade him The Republic for Construction and 186 gold... he has three luxuries hooked up and an extra supply of each. Found Rhodes and disband curragh in Rhodes. Learn Currency and start the gifting with the Ottos in an attempt to obtain Monarchy prior to them entering the middle ages. Trade him Currency, Construction, Philosophy, 177 gold, and 14 gpt for Monarchy... this way we might successfully trade with Babylon for something if need be. Osman draws Feudalism. Germany draws Feudalism. Sumeria draws Monotheism. Persia draws Monotheism, so Babylon needs to come up right away. Hammy draws Monotheism. Persia has two luxuries to Sumeria's one, so I trade The Republic (I could have used Monarchy instead, but we want them to research) for Monothesim. I ring up Germany trading The Republic, Monarchy, and Monotheism for Feudalism (we needed all three). Then I ring up Osman... I can only get 2 gpt back and 181 gold. We still get Theology as our free tech.

If we keep going, Education or Literature next? We have two archers at present. We still interested in this game?