Rally Points Benefit?

FrankTimJr

Chieftain
I'm not sure I understand what the significance of Rally Points are. What's the difference between stacking units, then setting a "go-to" point and Rally Points? You end up in the same place.

Maybe I just don't understand how to use them properly.

Just be careful or you may unintentionally send a worker/settler to a city. Rally points are better used when you have railroads, and are sending invasion forces out of a single port.

Then maybe I just don't know how to use it. When I set a rally point, how do my new units (or existing units) know to go there?

Doesn't work for auto-produced units like from the Statue of Zeus, Knights Templar, etc., which is really annoying. I believe it's also auto-cancelled as soon as you produce something that can't actually go to the rally point (e.g. a building, or a naval unit with the rally point being inland).

I got it. The Rally Point is set in an individual city. If I have two or more cities developing military units, only the city where I have a rally point do those units go to automatically.

Thanks.

When my lands are fully railroaded I usually set a continental rally point to a tile within my territory. Then each turn I can distribute troops where needed easily.

One more thing. If you set the rally point on a coastal city. Ships will also goto that city. Can be very annoying at times.

Slight bonus: Set a rally point in a city for a city making air units, and that air unit will automatically move there. And you still get it's movement points that turn.

Top Bottom