1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rallying call for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Rhye, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Imperator101

Imperator101 Chieftain

news on steam says the DLL has been released in a patch now since civ5 is on the steam workshop
    btw really looking forward to this!

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

"- DLL swapping is now possible in-game." doesn't mean that the DLL source code has been released for modders, but that the game engine will be able to swap between Civ5 vanilla DLL and G&K DLL.

We can just hope that's a sign that the release of source code for modder will follow. "soon".

3. thadian

thadian Kami of Awakened Dreamers

Also, i hate to say it but im glad Rhye has held his ground and refused to release a "lesser" version, he knows what he wants to do with it, and doesn't want to make "cheap rfc" now and "real rfc" later.

If i were him, i would have caved in and released what i had, possibly disappointing some players who feel it does not "live up" - When it finally comes out, i believe it will be like an expansion - everyone will know, it will be one of the TOP downloaded mods and people will love it.

4. Spartan9876

Spartan9876 Chieftain

Hey, I have been wondering this for a while, and whenever I have searched it up I have gotten dated things. Does anybody know what is going to happen with Rhyes and Fall of Civilization for Civ 5?

5. Andulias

Andulias A Stranger on a Train

I would very much like to know as well.

6. Spartan9876

Spartan9876 Chieftain

Hopefully someone will inform the both of us. That mod was magnificent. It needs to be ported, especially now that we have religion, espionage, more factions, etc. Fits perfectly.

7. Andulias

He released a bunch of screenshots about an year and a half ago, nothing ever since. My guess is, just like many other vets, he was disappointed by vanilla V and gave up on it. I would still like a confirm though.

EDIT: Found his account, he actually seems to be working on it, but who knows really :D It was definitely my favourite CIV mod and I really want to get my hands on a V version.

8. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Merged with the main RFC thread.

Like you can read on the prior pages: Nothing will happen before the dll.

9. Andulias

Thanks a lot, mate, didn't come across this one. Shame too, it basically means it will probably never happen. Dammit, just... dammit... Sigh...:undecide:

10. landlubber

landlubber Scottish Nationalist

New thread here for any who may have missed it.