Ram Ram of the Faceless empire.

Zx Zero Zx

Deity
Ok well some people would like me to do a play through, so I am going to do one as it's easier than writing a guide.

Our heroic leader who wants to be the master of the world this fine day is Ram Ram, and as my leader sprites don't have faces because I need to re-install the game he is of the Faceless Empire.

The settings are:

Our start is:

Looks quite good right? Well don't be deceived by Gems.

For Tech path I am probably going to go Mining -> Bronzeworking -> Animal Husbandry then we will see.

I have attached the 4000 BC start for anyone who would like to shadow.

Attachments

• RamRam4kBC.CivBeyondSwordSave
    33.8 KB · Views: 61
If you did this on my account, then I'm flattered :)

Since you know how much space you have, does this mean you've played on ahead?

I played like 50 turns to find out of the map was to easy or not. Since it's not I will post more in a little bit once I play some more.

Looks quite good right?
So far it doesn't to me.... but it depends on what I can't see.

Well don't be deceived by Gems.
I honestly don't care about gems/gold, so that would be impossible.

Give me pigs or something much better any day.

Faceless empire?
ROFL

Ya look at his face in the first picture. I screwed something up trying to make the HoF mod work. XD

@obsolete I like high food starts more also, but a lot of people on here think think that double gems is like the best thing ever.

Ok we are at turn 25, I have found some places that look like ok 2-3 cities.

I think I am going to settle for the Gem Cow spot next, then chop out another settler for the Corn Cow Horse spot, and settle on the Horse. I would settle the Plains Hill Horse Rice spot, but it will be pressured by Korea.

We have met 4 AI so far. The only one who is WC rush able is Korea to our north, which means they aren't due to Protective. I think I am going to go for a HA rush instead, as it will transition into a second war easier.

It depends on how you play, thou the high commerce, lots of forest kinda suggests a rush. I may try an Obs style game here even thou it's not that good of a start for it :)

You'd have to be pretty gems crazy to think that's a good start with dry rice as your only food special. Just looking at the start you can see that this is a 2-3 city breakout with whatever military advantage that commerce will get you.

Wang is PRO, but he's still a pushover. With that commerce and so many forests, you should be able to easily pull off a HA rush. It's not a particulary "good" start, but far from being bad - easily above average, at least compared to the bs i've rolled in the last months (when i was able to play, that is...). Pangea+Ramsy+commerce = oracle -> Alpha, and unless something truly terrible happens that should give you a decent opening.

Great Immortal start ;)
Good 2nd city spot for horsies, easy teching HBR and loads of forests.
Could be hard on Deity, but very easy on Imm.

I only real problem with rushing Wang with anything is that he settles every city on hills. :( Also if you build the Oracle at all it will 100% wreck any rush as you won't have the forests needed. I also have the worst luck with start I rerolled 3 100% impossible to win starts to get to this one, ice starts boxed in double plains cow starts. The RNG hates me. Personally I like the Forests a whole hell of a lot more than the gems.

Hmm, I am not sure about how to play this. I can't really get to having enough HA in a timely fashion . By the time I can field 9 HA the AIs already have IW which makes it impossible to fight them effectively. I forgot to mention the teching AI all have really good starts.

Maybe you could try chariot rush on Cathy/Willem/Wang. I screwed my game up (stole Wang's worker, REXed to 7 cities or so, grabbed lot of good land but got declared on by Cathy and Genghis, fought them both off, built some HAs, hit Wang the scum, took a few cities, made peace as economy went to crap and then Cathy declared with jumbos. I gave up.)

HA rush is really viable here, with all those forests, and they ignore protective drill2 completely. But make sure to get maths before chops. And settle that forest SW just for chops.

Played a bit. Situation so far:

Spoiler :
Double gems is an easy Imm start afterall.
My empire:

Managed to build/chop/whip Mids, unlocked HE via barbs, have 6 cities and waiting for better economy to capture 7th. No wars so far, had to give some techs. Spi is great for diplo cause you easily change religion when AI asks so my diplo is not so bad. Everyone hates Wang Kon, so I'm thinking converting to confu and backstab him with HA while he is busy fighting Toku, or maybe tech to cuirs and kill everyone. Have 22 forests remaining ~ 650 :hammers: +25% from police state + some whips equals a lot of production, and if going for cuirs, +25% from cheap forges (we're IND, aren't we). I think this game is won.

Attachments

• James BC-0125 by shakabrade.CivBeyondSwordSave
    156.1 KB · Views: 17
Top Bottom