Rampant racism in Germany, Mexico, and Quebec!!!

Ah yes. Public transport systems, universal health care, gun regulation.

Still, it's not all bad: you've got Coke and McDonalds galore.

Naw, I'll pass on the cocaine. McDonalds does have some decent salads if you leave the 5lb of cheese off them. Pretty cheap too!

Dunno, the franchises vary from town to town much less country to country, but the McDonalds around here have pretty legit salads in my experience. Coffee isn't terrible either.

Did you ever have a Subway salad?
I can get a Subway salad with decently fresh ingredients and tuna or chicken, while having a lot more variety with its other content. A Mc Salad has less variety but costs more and in my experience the salad is also less fresh.
But sure, it could be better where you get it. I still though would advise to look into Subways if convenient.

Did you ever have a Subway salad?
I can get a Subway salad with decently fresh ingredients and tuna or chicken, while having a lot more variety with its other content. A Mc Salad has less variety but costs more and in my experience the salad is also less fresh.
But sure, it could be better where you get it. I still though would advise to look into Subways if convenient.
Last time i bought one a Garden Salad did cost 1€.
And it had no disgusting tuna, chicken or other nonsense* in it.
And it's awesome.

You have literally too much money for your own good for a Subway salad is probably way less healthy due to all that junk in it.
Too bad the campaign is failing. Would have loved to tax you some more. :p ;)

*Who came up with the idiotic idea to put cheese in salad?! I urge the people who consider that normal to admit that this is really mostly about the assessment that rye bread is really just too healthy for them.
Those people may very well procede. But they don't have to pretend on my account. Just buy yourselves half a pound of cheese and bite right into it.

Edit: I just looked up what those Subway salads cost. Lost my appetite.
The world is going to hell in a handbasket!

Garden salad is cheaper, okay. I compared the McSalad with chicken to a Subways salad with tuna or chicken (or something else I believe). But Garden salad is totally bland. I understand people putting dressing on this misery.
Subways also got olives, pepperoni, pickles, paprika, onion... They also got greater variety of green stuff.

I just make my own salads. It's really not hard. Though of course you do have to have access to a fridge, or else eat a tremendous amount of it in one go.

My salads typically contain any of, according to taste of the moment, tomatoes, cucumber (sometimes pickled gherkins), beetroot, red onion, chives, olives, lettuce, potatoes, tuna, sardines, salmon (all tinned fish - cos I'm cheap), feta, goat cheese, chili flakes, parsley, lemon balm, mint, basil, garlic, a very little salt...

...and of course, a vinaigrette.

And I like to mop up the generous vinaigrette with crusty wholemeal bread.

Method: chop everything up, small or large as you like.

But Garden salad is totally bland. I understand people putting dressing on this misery.
Bland?

Spoiler :

You knew i had to post that now, didn't you?

You really need oil and vinegar on a salad (and a little salt). It slows down the digestion so you get more nutrition out of it (I've heard, though this may be false), and it tastes better and more like a salad. Olive oil is said to be very good for you.

A bit of chili, and hey presto it's a salsa!

No this thread has gone totally off topic... But so: 1) I'd never take a salad at a fast food chain 2) Salad Sauce is important, but it's better to take Italian than French (are there any others?)

So I've just discovered that Germany, Mexico, and Quebec all require PHOTO ID to be shown when voters want to vote. How long has this been going on? How can American continue to deal with these places knowing they are going out of their way to keep minorities from voting by using such horrendous practices as making people show who they are??

Only in 'Murica. :goodjob:

No this thread has gone totally off topic... But so: 1) I'd never take a salad at a fast food chain 2) Salad Sauce is important, but it's better to take Italian than French (are there any others?)

Well, there's mayonnaise. But I never use the stuff myself these days.

Or you can emulsify olive oil and lemon juice. That works quite well, imo.

Dijon, I presume?

Sounds a bit strong though. I'm not a fan of mustard, tbh.

English mustard is absolutely vile.

I had some Japanese mustard that blew the top off my skull. Cheaper and quicker than trepanning.

Just Dutch mustard called Groninger Mustard with winevinigar in it. Can also be mixed with olive oil to tone it down a little if you wish, but the honey also takes the edge of of it

By the way, I just noticed which thread this is in. ;)

And lastly, welcome back!

You really need oil and vinegar on a salad (and a little salt). It slows down the digestion so you get more nutrition out of it (I've heard, though this may be false), and it tastes better and more like a salad. Olive oil is said to be very good for you.

A bit of chili, and hey presto it's a salsa!
Yeah sure, dressing is fine. I wasn't arguing against dressing. Just saying: Salad without it doesn't taste bland. It tastes like salad.
Thanks! And yes the thread is nicely derailed.
Uhm, yes. But i have the suspicion that V is largely satisfied with having made his point.
If he isn't i'm sure he will show up at some point, further react to comment made on topic, demand specfic additional input from us...
...and scold us for the whole salad thing. We could easily take it from there, since the new track doesn't really has the potential for 10 pages of debate either (in fact much less so than the OP's premise). :)

Top Bottom