1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random = Archipelago

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by pickle, Aug 5, 2011.

1. pickle

pickle Lord of the Preserves

I tend to prefer the game to ba as random as possible, I like to know nothing about what is coming at the start of a game so I pick random map type and it always seems to come up with archipelago. has anyone else noticed this or am I just on a random run of archipelago maps

2. Becomedeath

Becomedeath The Destroyer

I went through a period where random pretty much meant pangea, highly annoying.

Sadly, random means just that, random which doesn't exclude the possibility of giving you the same result over and over and over...

...now if only I could make that work for the lottery...

3. Wezqu

Wezqu Warlord

Random map type includes only Pangea, Continents, Archipelago or Fractal map. So you always have one of four chance to get certain type so its not odd that you might get the same map type few times a row.

4. fleitner

fleitner Chieftain

Well, it's working perfectly for lottery I'd say - you don't win over and over and over again :)

5. Becomedeath

Becomedeath The Destroyer

hmmm....a severe case of not making wishes specific enough methinks! :lol:

6. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

I'd be happier if random actually meant 'one of the long list in the advanced setup menu; including earth'.

honestly, I have no idea why they would exclude earth from 'random', other than it sucks on maps smaller than huge. Otherwise, there is a long list of possible maps in the adv. setup section. pulling from that would be more interesting.