Random BSoDs

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
For a year now I've been getting BSoD, mostly when playing Sims 3, which as we all know is frigging extensive on the CPU either way. ANYWAYS

Civilization 5 also did it, but a lot less often. Sims 2 hanged but no BSoD, just.. hanged.

So... I've been dying to figure out what's causing it. BlueViewer gave nothing except pointing to nskrnl or whatever( that kernel thingy)

Until today, somesite referred to checking the Errors in the Event Viewer.. to my surprise and horror, I saw this

"A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Component: AMD Northbridge
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error
Processor ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information."

Is this as obvious as it seems? Because if yes, then.. great.

Thanks, everything points to hardware and I think it might infact be overheating since when at load my CPU reaches up to 70c, which usualyl when looked up I was told is fine.

Wouldn't be surprised if it is overheating. Probably the number one computer problem, besides the operator, of course. :mischief:

edit - no reflection on your abilities, please be assured. :)

Wouldn't be surprised if it is overheating. Probably the number one computer problem, besides the operator, of course. :mischief:

edit - no reflection on your abilities, please be assured. :)

Oh believe me leif, to this I question how it is possible that I refer to myself as a gamer but have NO idea how to even properly format a computer :lol:

But I think my fault was ignoring my intuition all this time people many people said that the 70c for CPU is "normal" when at load so I have always assumed it was something else.

I think I'll try to tone down and just overall clean up the pc, thanks a lot leif :3 I appreciate this help immensly, just hoping that is it and I don't need to fork over any money to replace anything

Top Bottom