[NFP] Random freezes after ending turn

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by Hoopy Frood Jay, May 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hoopy Frood Jay

Hoopy Frood Jay Chieftain

So, I recently got a new gaming PC and it's running great...aside from Civ 6 that is. Because Civ 6 freezes randomly after I end my turn. Sometimes it happens after only 10 turns, sometimes after 100+ turns and it happens across all save files.
    Since it just freezes I don't get a crash report and have to kill the task via the task manager.

It never did that on my old machine (and still doesn't do that as my GF uses that old one and is having zero problems playing Civ 6). It's kinda getting to me, as it is one of my favorite games.

I can exclude thermal problems, faulty hardware (as no other game is showing any other problem) or any bottlenecks, really.

Game files have been verified multiple times, I've tried different installation paths too.
    DirectX 11 & 12 show the same behavior in regards to the freezes.

Some details on hard- and software:

PC:
    Ryzen 9 5900x (not overclocked, undervolted etc)
    ROG AMD 6900XT (also not overclocked aside from whatever OC ROG put on that chip)
    Aorus Master Rev. 1.2
    64GB RAM
    250GB NVMe SSD
    2TB NVMe SSD (where the game is installed)
    EVGA 1000W Gold certified (exact model name escapes me atm)

Software:
    Windows 19, version 20H2, build 19042.928
    AMD GPU driver 21.4.1
    Only antivirus is Windows Defender

2. Nicc

Nicc Chieftain

Seconding this, I've been noticing it since around the time of your post probably. It was uncommon enough to ignore and I like to quicksave before I hit next turn anyway, but I just loaded a save and had it happen after one turn of doing things which was a bit much.

3. DanielINH

DanielINH Chieftain

I have the same issue. One my laptop sometimes it just closes.

4. jshnaid

jshnaid Chieftain

I have the same problem, similar specs as OP sides graphics card. 5950x, 980 pro ssd, gtx 1060.

5. Hoopy Frood Jay

Issue still persists and I'm at a total loss on how to fix. Tried everything besides clean installing Windows (which I had already done on the new system)... :cry:

6. Pzul Laturro

Pzul Laturro Chieftain

Having similar issues. Does this forum provide resolutions?

7. Hoopy Frood Jay

Here's a little update:

Since the freezes were happening on my desktop PC I started playing Civ VI on my laptop instead, which worked fine for a few weeks. But now those freezes are happening on that machine too.

Man...Civ VI is about one of my favorite games of all time, and it hurts a lot to basically not be able to play it anymore... :sad: