1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Random Idea] Great Generals Allow Units to Cross Mountains

Discussion in 'General Balance' started by Hippie_Peace_man, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Hippie_Peace_man

Hippie_Peace_man Chieftain

I've been thinking for a while about how Hannibal's crossing of the Alps was a huge game changer (even though Carthage still ended up losing the war) and since the Carthaginian civ no longer has that ability, I've been left wondering how one could emulate that part of history in this mod. And then it occurred to me, what if a Great Generals could be stationed in a Mountain tile and let military units cross that mountain tile? It wouldn't be too overpowered since only that tile could be crossed (giving an appropriate amount of time for a counter-attack) but could potentially change the tide of war. Maybe a Great General can be expended on a mountain tile, allowing that tile to be passable for your units for 15 turns? Just a random thought.

2. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

I don't like this idea as a base mechanics.
    However, I would be interested in seeing it a unique general for a civ (possibly in the 3rd/4th UC mod, or in a modded civ).

Bhawb likes this.
  3. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I like it as a mod mod idea, wouldn't want to see in in the core mod. But keep the ideas flowing:)

vyyt likes this.
  4. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

There's already a mod that allows mountaineering after gunpowder. It's compatible.