1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Random idea that popped into my head

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Final Frontier Plus' started by Imp. Knoedel, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel That's Imperator Knoedel.

Could we include Dyson Spheres? Either as a great wonder or regular building, pretty expensive and late in the tech tree, but would give a huge bonus to production and maybe commerce. Ideally you should see it around the sun of the star system in which you build it.

2. PsiCorps

PsiCorps FF: Babylon 5 mod team

Surely if you build a Dyson Sphere you wouldn't see the sun any more? Just experience a massive gravitational anomaly?

Now a Ring World, that would be an interesting graphic and a Galactic Wonder.

3. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

I don't see why we couldn't, as long as there was art. Of course, I suppose we could be lazy and take the sun graphics and recolor them or something.

It would be cool, yes.

I like the idea of a Ringworld too.

I realize I'm replying a year late to this thread. I have some vague ambition of eventually (perhaps by next summer-- I always think that I'll do some FF+ work during the fall semester and it never happens) releasing a 1.9, someday, so this might be an interesting thing to include.