Random observations

tomplum68

Warlord
Just thought I'd jot down some random observations after three completed games.

I keep winning a diplo victory. I've never specifically been shooting for it but it always ends up being the quickest to go ahead and do.

The Polish UA of getting free social policies every era is awesome.

Indonesian kris swordmen kick ass. I did get a bad promo on one but all the others had good promos that make them just gods of war. And the promos stick around after you upgrade them so you have bad ass units for a long time.

Also for Indonesia. I was looking to settle my third "new continent" city and also get some coal that I was lacking. I saw a nice island that also had a luxury resource so I settled on the coal...bad move. The coal disappeared and my new resource took its place. Completely defeated the purpose of settling there. Be aware of this.

The Shoshone UA of expanded starting territory is great to get you off on the right foot but you have to actively manage your expansion in BNW due to the happy cap. This may apply to most any civ but I think at least starting tall with the Shoshone is the way to go. Two to three cities for a good while, maybe until you can build zoos. The 25% bonus in friendly territory really helps fend off any would be attackers and at least as I initially perceived it is underappreciated.

Best way to get a new host for the WC or UN...destroy the current host.

It doesn't seem like the AI always knows what to do with missionaries. I've seen so many just die in my territory from attrition without ever even spreading their religion. Although sometimes the AI does spread their religion it seems they are also wasting a lot of missionaries.

Rocket artillery are insane. Two to three rocket artillery take a city from defended to vulnerable in one round.

It doesn't seem like the AI always knows what to do with missionaries. I've seen so many just die in my territory from attrition without ever even spreading their religion. Although sometimes the AI does spread their religion it seems they are also wasting a lot of missionaries.

What are the rules on attrition? When/why does it kick in?

What are the rules on attrition? When/why does it kick in?

When you don;t have open borders and go inside their territory anyway, you start to lose, I think its 250 of ur Faith strength per turn.,,

I keep winning a diplo victory. I've never specifically been shooting for it but it always ends up being the quickest to go ahead and do.

I had to disable Diplo Victory on my two last games because I want to pursue other way of winning. I usually already allied at least 90% of CS on the last 1/4 of the game until I got my Cultural/Science Victory, so actually I could have win diplo 100 turns earlier.

Top Bottom