Random Rants 87: 2020 Is Just Aimee's Latest Sims Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunderbirds did a flyover in LA on Friday and had a rare bobble that was a serious breathhcatcher, but they got clear. Bad weekend.

(Thunderbirds are USAF by the way, Blue Angels are navy)
I would have gone outside to watch them but you know I can't because we don't have testing, contact tracing or an effective quarantine. We actually flipped them the bird when we heard the jets flying over us out of anger and disgust.

Today the quarantine is getting to me.
I'm feeling sad and missing people. Or doing... anything. I'd like to have something to do outside my house, which doesn't involve running. And should involve people.
I've done nothing all day besides Netflix, and will keep on doing that.
I hope tomorrow I will feel better.

I need a new photo for professional reasons. I have had many opportunities to take good photos during recent vacations, but a repairman smudged the lenses of all of the cameras in both mine and the mrs phones during a screen replacement so all the photos I have are smudged and blurry. I recently bought a new phone for the Mrs because her last one broke but because I can't get a haircut and I don't know how to compose a photo without relying on a beautiful backdrop like the mountains, I look like trash in the selfies I took. So now I have to go with this heavily pixelated photo that's the only non-smudged one I have and it's the worst.

First world problem honestly.

damn they smudged the camera that bad?

All four cameras are that bad - two front and two back cameras. The photos I get with them are acceptable for showing off on social media but are not good enough for professional use.

Clean them? Ask the repairman to clean them?

The Lost and Damned DLC for GTA 4 is okay. Introduces some new things. One of these things is bike races. I normally opt out of racing, but this feature lets you wield a baseball bat and knock other racers off their bikes. One of my biggest annoyances with races in GTA is that it doesn't let you sabotage the other drivers, so this solves that.

The problem, then, came with one of the races. It takes place on a beach, which the bike obviously does not do well on. But that's okay, I can just hit the other bikers, right? Well, they can hit you too. This would be fine, except for some reason this race borks the physics engine. I get hit and my bike goes flying several meters into the air and off into the water, which is not only an automatic loss of the mission but it also forces me to get a new bike.

So I guess I'm not doing these races anymore.

Clean them? Ask the repairman to clean them?
I didn't notice the issue until months later because I don't take a lot of photos so he wouldn't do it for free. It's also extremely invasive to clean the inside lenses as you'd have to disassemble the entire phones to do so which risks breaking them in other ways. I also suspect he sold us counterfeit screens as they suffered burn-in within a couple of months too and that, plus him smudging the lenses means I'll never go back to him.

I recently replaced the Mrs' phone so hers isn't an issue. And I'll replace mine sooner or later so I don't want to repair it again.
Better yet, get actual headshots. And then post them here.
Believe it or not, I was in the process of booking professional photos of the both of us when everything shut down. I still plan on getting them when we open back up.

AAAARGH WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO THUNDERBIRD THIS TIME!!one!!111!

The grocery store was selling chucks of smoked salmon cheaply ($5 for 4 fillets) so I picked it up and it was pretty tasty. Unfortunately, my hands now smell of smoked salmon no matter how many times I wash them.

Little miss fluffball has decided to end her winter hibernation and is resuming her life long project of exterminating all the birds (and hiding the remains around my flat). I'm putting a loud bell on her collar. Usually only helps a little though.

AliExpress won't accept my payment method that worked fine for years, no it's not expired. Perhaps now correct my card issuer is taking umbrage with AliExpress? Not really sure what's going on but it's annoying.

Yuck, bird fleas has had a go at my leg. I'm giving the cat a flea treatment! Now where is she...

Bird fleas on a cat. Is that trouble for the cat or for the fleas?

Yuck, bird fleas has had a go at my leg. I'm giving the cat a flea treatment! Now where is she...

Plotting revenge upon you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom