Random Rants LI - Hell hath no Fury, like a Woman Scorned

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need a thread to know that?

I'm still sick.
Besides that this is a rant on its own, the more important part:
I have a meeting on Thursday, which is rather urgent for my work partner, I need to present results there, and I freakin' don't have any yet, because I wanted to produce them...er...well...right now.
Bloody ****.

<bhsup>BBC News got it wrong.

<bhsup> "The National Weather Service in Kansas City predicted a low of -8C (18F) for Monday morning, shy of the record low for this date of -13C (9F) set in 1912. But life-threatening wind chills will make it feel much colder, the Kansas City Star reports

<bhsup> They are taking the actual temps and assuming it was in celcius and are converting them to fahrenheit. Unfortunately for them, the temp is -9 FAHRENHEIT right now in Kansas City (wind chill -25). I expect better from the BBC. Also, we go below 9F -all the time- in January, so clearly that record is -13F, not C.

<bhsup> I expect better, Beebs... You're not FOX, after all. :mad:

Well, I just sent feedback, so hopefully they will correct it. And yeah, it is their fault. They're the BBC. I expect better.

Spoiler :
In the above linked article, you state...

"The National Weather Service in Kansas City predicted a low of -8C (18F) for Monday morning, shy of the record low for this date of -13C (9F) set in 1912. But life-threatening wind chills will make it feel much colder, the Kansas City Star reports"

Unfortunately for you, you've misread the article. The temperature is currently -9F (not C), which translates to -23C, and the current wind chill is -25F, which is -31C. Also, we go below 9F all the time in January, so again I am assuming that record you report is actually (was as of today) -9F.

Please correct this, because as it reads right now, you're making folks in Kansas City sound like a bunch of nancy boys that think 9F weather is life threatening.

I fail to see why we, USA #1, should bend to the world. Let the world bend to us.

Well, I just sent feedback, so hopefully they will correct it. And yeah, it is their fault. They're the BBC. I expect better.

Spoiler :
In the above linked article, you state...

"The National Weather Service in Kansas City predicted a low of -8C (18F) for Monday morning, shy of the record low for this date of -13C (9F) set in 1912. But life-threatening wind chills will make it feel much colder, the Kansas City Star reports"

Unfortunately for you, you've misread the article. The temperature is currently -9F (not C), which translates to -23C, and the current wind chill is -25F, which is -31C. Also, we go below 9F all the time in January, so again I am assuming that record you report is actually (was as of today) -9F.

Please correct this, because as it reads right now, you're making folks in Kansas City sound like a bunch of nancy boys that think 9F weather is life threatening.

Rock on, BBC, for heeding my feedback :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25609411

The National Weather Service in Kansas City predicted a low of -22C (-8F) for Monday morning, shy of the record low for this date of -25C (-13F) set in 1912. But life-threatening wind chills will make it feel much colder, the Kansas City Star reports

What is this cold you are referring to?

The expected high temperature here was supposed to be -18. Instead, it is already up to -15.

I bleeping hate it when it is warmer than expected, no matter how hot or cold it already is.

Hate hate hate haaayyyyyyte!!!!! [pissed]

We can talk of cold at 0ºC (+/-5ºC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom