Random Rants LI - Hell hath no Fury, like a Woman Scorned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rants: harvesting after Thanksgiving, 1 inch of thawed and wet ground over frozen ice making traction grease-like, stuck wagons, more stuck wagons, a broken log chain from pulling out wagons, dippy teenaged drivers that think it's a good idea to pull out immediately in front of my dad since he's only going about 15 miles per hour without bothering to realize that something that weighs 35 tons and is designed for off road travel can't stop, sub-four dollar corn, my ability to haul wagons on the road for a disturbingly long amount of time with the differential lock stuck on.

Raves: dad didn't flip the tractor while avoiding killing the teenage girl, the breaking chain didn't remove anyone's body parts, the yield is decent, and harvest is half over.

The preponderance dictated this thread instead of the other one.

Is that a bushel? Because the price seems to be $200 a tonne. (40 bushels a tonne) Though it is falling.

And keeping the diff lock on is just going to wear the tyres out? And cost more in fuel consumption.

Or break a half-shaft?

It's under four bucks for delivery atm, before the basis/drying fees. In this case the differential lock was hard on the power steering and the brakes, since I had to use one-side braking to turn(which is supposed to kick the diff lock off in the first place, it just wasn't for whatever reason).

Rant: Getting stood up sucks.

Also, looking for the right arrows for your bow is bewildering. I don't really understand how spine is measured, I have no idea how much my points weigh, and the tables that are supposed to help me with this are confusing.

My monitor: I think I'll break. Probably in a way that won't be covered by your warranty. And I'll do it right when you have some bigass papers to write and you have to do next semester's add/drop.

Me: FAN-[redacted]-TASTIC!

So, we were going to have a final on Monday and another on Friday. For some reason, grades have to be handed in on Thursday (presumably, administrative staff want to take a very prolonged summer holiday) so now I have a final on Monday afternoon/evening/night… and have to hand in a ton of alleged classwork by Tuesday morning, instead of Friday morning. I guess I'll have to join the Foreign Legion then.

Yep. She stood me up. Hasn't bothered to contact me in any way or respond to calls.

And I have a 10-pager to tackle by tomorrow morning.

And hell week (month?) is about to begin.

Yippee.

Yep. She stood me up. Hasn't bothered to contact me in any way or respond to calls.

And I have a 10-pager to tackle by tomorrow morning.

And hell week (month?) is about to begin.

Yippee.
*mindhug* Could be worse.
The Broncos... *cries in a corner*
Your team will win again, eventually.

*mindhug* Could be worse.

I could be stabbed.

But then I'd have an excellent excuse for getting out of some work and a cool scar, assuming I survived.

His team has had a very good season on the whole. Although it is a bit of a pity to hit a rut like this, you're still guaranteed a wildcard spot in the playoffs.

Not guaranteed yet, just overwhelmingly likely.

I had a lunch date where she was 10ish minutes late and had some awkward and definitely forced conversation. Not worth it.

It's all good, man. Keep at it!

:(

Tough luck mang, her loss. Keep at it, dude!

I had a lunch date where she was 10ish minutes late and had some awkward and definitely forced conversation. Not worth it.

It's all good, man. Keep at it!

Thanks, guys. It wasn't exactly a date, but it could've led to one. In any case it's been twelve hours and not a word from her. But I'll keep it up because I've been trying to see her for nearly the whole year (lots of schedule conflicts) and I think she's worth it.

Its always nice to have laptop display die

Good thing I don't really need any files from it. Guess that is a silver lining

Thanks, guys. It wasn't exactly a date, but it could've led to one. In any case it's been twelve hours and not a word from her. But I'll keep it up because I've been trying to see her for nearly the whole year (lots of schedule conflicts) and I think she's worth it.

Just be cool about things, and if she is worth it, you'll be all right. Whatever the reason, give her the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom