1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Rants LXVI: NO, **YOUR** THREAD TITLES SUCK!!

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by Leonel, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

:gripe: want to book a flight.
    And as usual:
    Flight from A to B is good, but return flight is bad.
    Flight from A to C is bad, but return flight is good.
    And no way to combine the good flights with keeping at least roughly the same price.
    Not to forget that I actually want to go to D, but flying there is considerably more expensive than to either B or C (would also go via E with quite some layover) and taking the train afterwards (80€ flight + X train vs 200€ flight).
    :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

2. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

On which foot?

3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Further proof that Murphy's law is alive and well...

In the twelve(?) years I've been with my gf I've picked her up at the airport at least twenty-five times. The distance to the airport is just right for me to be leaving to pick her up about the time her flight takes off from Sacramento, so if it's delayed I know before I leave the house. It's been late maybe three or four times, including today...which is the first time ever that I blew off checking the status before I left.

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

:gripe: oh my god.
    It's so easy to waste money here.
    So decided now for a flight with easyJet to location B (actually both flights are okay).
    Wanted to pay the 72€ for the trip. EasyJet.nl only offers payment via creditcard. Great, I don't have one (guess middle of next year I'll get one, this gets annoying). I have no idea why easyjet is not connected to the Dutch online banking system which all the Dutch banks support *sigh*.
    Okay, then further to one of the ticket booking websites, where I can use that system. Suddenly the ticket is there 20€ more expensive. Okay fine...wait...additionally 30€ booking fees. WTF. That was supposed to be 72, now it's 122. No way (yes, I'll get that reimbursed, but that bugs me).
    Well, quick googling reveals that German customers (check) who book via the German website (check, can do that) who have a German bank account (check) and whose flight is more than 2 weeks away (check) can also pay via direct debit. (WHY the hell is this not possible in the Netherlands or anywhere else???)
    Ahh, done. Saved 50€, which would've been unnecessarily wasted elsewise.

EDIT: Actually the website says "who live in Germany"....hmm...still got through...no idea...let's see.

5. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

I've tried to do the right, reasonable, responsible thing for my entire life. I've never judged others and certainly never held any malice. I just can't continue that any longer, it isnt working out

I have to be absolutely cut throat now, but I dont know how to best manifest some of the changes i have to make

6. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

tell your mom her cooking sucks

Side note: Doing the "right thing" probably isn't that great of a thing to mention if you're expecting a reward for it. Comes off eerily religious or Nice Guy™.

7. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

I got rewarded for it. I have a very high income. I gave about 7% of my gross income to charity and next year will do closer to 10%.

But im going to have to start stating these things instead of just doing them.

I have to adopt an "all or nothing" mentality that I have never held before. I dont have to verbalize it in real life, but i have to adopt a mentality that I have to be absolutely cut throat in being healthier, more educated, more charitable, and a more responsible and better investor than other people.

I have to fully embrace a "good is the enemy of great" mentality.

8. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

oh, the "I have to be terrible in order to be good" trick

okay

shadowplay likes this.
  9. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

Yea all those things i wrote makes a "terrible" person

10. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

No, but they appear to be a firm step in the wrong direction from how you described where you are. Does a willful step in the wrong direction qualify as "terrible" even if it isn't landing in a particularly bad place?

11. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁森林

I now regret not making my last thread RD

12. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I gave myself sciatica while taking out the trash. I couldn't walk or stand for 2 days. I went back to work Thursday but found sitting unbearable and had to go home early. It turns out there is a limit to how many video games I can actually play. Friday was a work holiday but I felt much better and needed to do something other than playing games so I set up an ersatz standing desk in my kitchen and worked. No one asked me to do it or expected it - I'm injured and it's work holiday so there's no pressure on me whatsoever.

But I enjoy my job and was happy to do something fun and different than laying in bed for 48 hours.

The Mrs. was a selfless angel in all this, she really took care of me. I literally would have had to call an ambulance to have gotten to a doctor, I couldn't even walk on my own when it happened.

I'm just now catching up on threads and PM's apologies if I kept anyone waiting.

Crap I may have posted this already when I was on medicines. Sorry if I did

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Synsensa likes this.
  13. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Well you posted an abridged version in the raves thread. :p

Get well soon. :)

14. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Did I really? Holy crap I'm sorry dude seriously. I tried to stay away to keep from being a drooling idiot in public but I guess I failed.

15. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

NYE just reminds me how much I hate my life.

16. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Life just sucks. For all the little victories I've had this year, I feel like I'm no better off than I was this time last year. Possibly because I'm drinking at home instead of out drinking with mates tonight, but I feel like I've thought this before so probably not.

17. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I hope you were just having a bad night and things are better today. What are the reasons you feel no better off this year?

18. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

Woo, happy new year!

yes, I know this is the rants thread

19. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Happy New Year :D

20. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

Rant: yesterday was the last day of the year of the anus horribilis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.