Random Rants LXVIII: Burn it all to the ground and start over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One might even say that it's pining for them...

I stop getting infracted and suddenly I want to strangle two of the moderators.

Warned for inappropriate language
Last edited by a moderator:
They are jokes. But OK, I'll stop.

They are not jokes

if you think those are jokes, you don't know what jokes are

Is this a joke?

I thought it was funny...
Still love you Lohrenswald.

To avoid a repeat of the last time this happened, I would suggest anyone who is interested should ask for clarification via PM.

Rant: Lohr doesn't seem to like me any more.

Rant: I am discovering the problems of having a car with a black interior and summer heat.

Rant: Lohr doesn't seem to like me any more.

Rant: I am discovering the problems of having a car with a black interior and summer heat.

On the bright side you can cook your own lunch while you are at work.

let me give people a yet another anti-capitalist rant ...

some company that provides the meals at a military training facility in Manisa . A month back 1000 plus concripts feel ill ; rushed to hospitals . One dies , one is still in intensive care , though reportedly getting better . Salmonella , which ı hear to be a kind of bacteria , is discovered in the meat in 3 days . Though not "officially" , so that the company can keep the contract . Some other incidents as well , apparently unit commanders in Cyprus warns theirs to be careful about those freshly arrived from Manisa , some talk of epidemic or something . Naturally , when the 2nd incident happens a week after the first , the Governor of Manisa assures the country that the silly conscripts get badly influenced from each other and declare themselves to be ill , while they are not . Sure enough , last week another 700 or 800 ... The Defence Minister proposes it might be because of the recent earthquake in the Aegean , which might have disturbed the water supplies . That doesn't make the grade , because the web is "alive" with accounts of soldiers getting punished for talking on how the meat was "smelly" again . Can't say they were beaten and that but turns out the company was "insulted" or something that nobody was eating ; so they had the canteen closed , so that the soldiers could not buy biscuits and the like instead of meals . So , the Minister guy just declares Salmonella has been discovered , as if just now and not a month back and the contract is cancelled . The company cries foul , says the reports are not in . Of course they are not in , because the conscripts might sue , as soon as they finish the compulsory service thing ; they are not to be given any "evidence" ...

the company says it employs 2500 and feeds 130 000 . It's like totally amazing . Apparently found 4 years ago , it has grown 70 times , changed its name 6 times and so far has managed to poison hospital staff in Diyarbakır and personnel of the Ministry of Treasury in Ankara ; salmonella is reported at least once for those cases . Like obviously they launder bad meat ... Am such a fan of Hornblower , Horatio ı mean , and it's such a nice piece when he discovers his supplies are bad . He not only refuses them , but gets his youngest midshipman to brand all of them as Condemned as well ; so that the cheaters will not be able to trick some other less careful Captain and kill his crew in the middle of high seas . ı collected whatever ı could find , but ı think am two books short . Though it's not always as cheerful . There's this book that was reading material when ı was in the university , ı think by Sinclair or whatever . It was so disgusting that it got Teddy Roosevelt to pass laws to attack Meat Trusts ...

of course there's ample reaction , some 20 persons from the relevant branch of company have been taken into custody , ı fully expect some connections to the Congregation will be soon discovered . Furthermore such contracts for the Ministry of Defence will be handled by special methods , out of State's relevant laws . Which are much hated by the Party , for if applied correctly half the contracts let out by the State would get half of the State into disgrace and jail . Expect continued meat laundering . For , special methods are the way to go . Take the totally unrelated "marriage shows" in which viewers might take fancy for the men or women paraded on TV and arrive in the studios to propose . It's so awesome that one can be convinced of stopping being a Turk out of shame . With the display of "national qualities" reaching record depths every week , ı groan and make all sorts of sounds not to hear as ı walk by the TV while my mother watches ... So , you know , with the matchless abilities of the Goverment further heightened by the emergency measures , there were so many calls to have those shows banned ; you know , something that would be applauded , for once as a change . Of course , no way , now that Party channels have their own . And the desires of the Public was met with a new law or something that allows the Goverment to close a TV or a radio with far less hassle . In case they are terrorists or something ...

where this is going ? Let me tell ... In a bid to foster "Private Sector" , the officials in some mountain town channelled students to a private dormitory , despite the laws that said only State can have such facilities for the "middle level schools" , say , boys and girls of 12 to 17 . Yeah , guessed right , a fully "Muslim" one that first taught the girls under its care that they had no need to go to school anyhow . Typical brainwashing as standart . You might remember my rants of months back , a fire breaks out , they have locked the fire exits and no official has ever checked the place because there are girls there and no man can be allowed in and some 11 die in the fire . Of course , there is a court case . And while it's against the laws , again , some official has given the bank account numbers of the families to the "Muslims" and the "Muslims" have deposited money to each . 20 000 Turkish liras if the girl is dead , 10 000 if wounded in the fire . Despite the families' strict refusal to accept the money . You know , some crying mother on TV , relating how she sent her daughter to school so that she wouldn't have to work as hard as her parents and she doing chores in the dormitory so that "Muslims" could save the money they would have to pay to a cleaning lady and could have another dormitory elsewhere for more brainwashed students . And what happens ? The lawyers of the "Muslims" attack the families across the police line . Yeah , good thing , ı would expect the Police to beat the families , instead of getting "Muslims" tired or something . And yes , there is really the bad meat angle . After the fire , some "Muslim" lawyer took a court order that allowed that congregation to take the 35 kilograms of meat they had in the fridge in the burned out dormitory before it got bad . See , they are appreciably better ; if they were a "proper" company , it would have been dinner even when bad .

oh-kay , ı understand we Turks are nothing , much hated , much reviled . But , tell me my friend , why can't we even have some Capitalism here ? You know , basic rules applied and stuff ? Promise , we won't be carrying out exercises named about the eternal status or something of the Qatari Emir after signing a 12 billion contract ; you know , as the Americans did . With the President himself tweeting Qatar was evil or something ...

Physics building in the back, and the very enigmatic chemestry building in the front
It either looks like an experiment got out of hand, or it's got a serious mold problem. :hide:

Otherwise, it's a nice tree on the left and a nice-looking building. I won't offer an opinion on the inside of it.

It either looks like an experiment got out of hand, or it's got a serious mold problem. :hide:
I'm not entierly sure what it's called, but it's like one of those plants that like grow around railings and whatnot
Spoiler :

during the winter, the leaves fall off, and you can see the branch network

I won't offer an opinion on the inside of it.
Spoiler :

I'm not entierly sure what it's called, but it's like one of those plants that like grow around railings and whatnot
Spoiler :

during the winter, the leaves fall off, and you can see the branch network

Spoiler :
Is the greenery meant to keep the place cool in summer?

The inside looks like a different kind of cool. That's a fantastic mural.

I'm probably having the worst rib inflammation I've had in over two years right now. Won't ease up. :(

But in more relatable rants, a project I'm working on keeps getting more and more added to the to-do list. I finish one thing and think of 3 more things that need to be done. Last week the list had 25 entries. It has 49 right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom