Random Rants LXXIII: "You've had this place redecorated, haven't you? I don't like it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
as opposed to figuratively not owning those things?
I do not own any, period. Whatever cooking I do is done in the microwave, for which I do not need pots and pans. I don't own a kitchen table because there's a finite amount of space here. The area where most people would put a kitchen/dining table is taken up by six bookshelves, two pantries, an antique dresser, a chair, and a stack of 12.7 kg boxes of cat litter.

two pantries? I thought space was limited :p

two pantries? I thought space was limited :p
One for me and one for the cats. There's not much built-in cupboard space in the kitchen (they wasted a lot of space by putting in a dishwasher). So mine holds food, pop, juice, etc. and the cat pantry holds food, dishes, litter box supplies, cleaning stuff, etc. They're like having extra cupboards and are arranged so there's some more storage space above for paper towels and such.

so cats are depriving you of literal cookware, but at least you still have imaginary cookware

so cats are depriving you of literal cookware, but at least you still have imaginary cookware
The cats are not depriving me of cookware, either physical or imaginary. I guess you didn't notice the numerous times over the years when I've mentioned that I'm really not into cooking.

The cats are not depriving me of cookware, either physical or imaginary. I guess you didn't notice the numerous times over the years when I've mentioned that I'm really not into cooking.
denial: not just a river in Egypt

Going by your definition I have never met or known anyone in real life that I have such feelings for, which I would consider to be important. How can you truly hate if you don't know the person?

You cannot, at least that is what I think. well, the sad thing is that I do know some people who deserve to be hated. I could - for example - not say with conviction that I hate Adolf Hitler, or Stalin, or Pol Pot. I never shook his hand, I never witnessed his crimes and his madness, I have little personal relation to him, i wasn't much affected by what he did and neither were my loved ones, or my family close and extended (safe for my grand-grandparents who were wounded in war).

I consider wishing harm upon others to be the more disturbing quality in this conversation.

It's one of the most fundamentally human traits, imo. How could there be joy without grief - similiarly, how could there be unconditional love without hatred?

In that case, you are welcome to come over here, catch, kill, and eat the pigeons making noise outside my windows and depositing organic pigeon waste material on the balcony.

You'll have to use your own kitchen, though. I literally don't own any pots, pans, or kitchen table.

Pigeons are bred specifically for high class restaurants, wild pigeons carry many diseases and should never be eaten. The second part of your post just makes me sad :( So you just eat takeout or frozen food every single day?

The second part of your post just makes me sad :( So you just eat takeout or frozen food every single day?
Not all takeout is junk food. There's a restaurant that specializes in egg dishes that I really like.

I don't eat a lot of frozen food. There are some TV dinners in the freezer, but I certainly don't live on them.

Not all takeout is junk food. There's a restaurant that specializes in egg dishes that I really like.

I don't eat a lot of frozen food. There are some TV dinners in the freezer, but I certainly don't live on them.

if it's a proper restaurant that is nice :) there's no feeling in the world like being a regular in a restaurant you like. what egg dishes do you like to get?

:dubious: The woman just said she doesn't like to cook, and you imply she's lying?! From where do you get your omniscience? :eek2:
improve your reading comprehension skills :)

I am yet to see Dachs comment on Valka's liking cooking or not. I can see him making fairly cryptic remarks about Valka not addressing his point.

Oh boy, I also dont like to cook, but I at least have all the necessary stuff to do so when it is sort of required o_O.

You cannot, at least that is what I think. well, the sad thing is that I do know some people who deserve to be hated. I could - for example - not say with conviction that I hate Adolf Hitler, or Stalin, or Pol Pot. I never shook his hand, I never witnessed his crimes and his madness, I have little personal relation to him, i wasn't much affected by what he did and neither were my loved ones, or my family close and extended (safe for my grand-grandparents who were wounded

Hate is a strong emotion.
Did you really shake of hatred while you were thinking about them?
I also know they are despicable people. But if I purely think about the millions of killed people, my emotions are staying rather stable. It is over, and does not affect me.

But yes, I would take the time machine, if I had one.

Hate is a strong emotion.
Did you really shake of hatred while you were thinking about them?
I also know they are despicable people. But if I purely think about the millions of killed people, my emotions are staying rather stable. It is over, and does not affect me.

But yes, I would take the time machine, if I had one.

as would I. rationally speaking hatred for genocidal maniacs can be justified, but I don't harbor any. I think you misread my post :) emotions do not work rationally. their deeds do not affect me in that way.

however, some people I know personally, who have done (arguable) less bad things I do hate to the point where I would literally shake and chimp out if I saw them again irl.

I just returned home after having been in New Zealand for the past two weeks. The flights there and back were just brutal. I flew from Dallas-Fort Worth to Sydney and it was a 17 hour flight to Sydney and a 15 hour flight back to the US. On the way back I was stuck in the middle seat on the plane between two other people so I didn't have a lot of space and other passengers were traveling with little kids who cried a lot (of course). I only slept 2 hours on the plane and am super hung over right now.

Fun fact, the longest commercial flight in the world is 18 hours.

Last edited:
I don't understand how anyone can get on a plane for that long. Sitting in one place anywhere for 17 hours is bad enough, but having to put up with the flying fart festival in the sky is intolerable to me. Then you have the dudes who take their shoes off.

It would cost so much more but I'd only do a flight that long in first class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom