Random Rants LXXVII: I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no cookies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night: No hot water.

Today: The intercom doesn't work so I couldn't let any of my visitors in. One complaint to the manager resulted in no results. The second resulted in "I'll let maintenance know but they won't do anything until Monday." I explained that Monday was not good enough, that I have home care nurses coming here three times/day, every day, and I need to be able to let them in. So she put me down for "fix this ASAP" which could still mean they won't bother until Monday. Which means that unless there happens to be someone in the lobby when these people come, I might need to go there myself to let them in.

So far today there were two home visits and a pharmacy delivery I couldn't let in... :trouble: :gripe: :ar15:

Good thing I did the takeout last night and still have some pizza left.

Last night: No hot water.

Today: The intercom doesn't work so I couldn't let any of my visitors in. One complaint to the manager resulted in no results. The second resulted in "I'll let maintenance know but they won't do anything until Monday." I explained that Monday was not good enough, that I have home care nurses coming here three times/day, every day, and I need to be able to let them in. So she put me down for "fix this ASAP" which could still mean they won't bother until Monday. Which means that unless there happens to be someone in the lobby when these people come, I might need to go there myself to let them in.

So far today there were two home visits and a pharmacy delivery I couldn't let in... :trouble: :gripe: :ar15:

Good thing I did the takeout last night and still have some pizza left.
The intercom thing reminded me of a rant/rave - I just learned how to buzz people into the building so now I don't have to walk a block and down 4 levels to greet the pizza delivery guy.

The rant is that I've been here almost 2 years at this point and I eat a lot of pizza.

I went to download a file from one of those crappy file hosts. They made me wait 60 seconds before telling me that the file actually wasn't on the site anymore.

The intercom thing reminded me of a rant/rave - I just learned how to buzz people into the building so now I don't have to walk a block and down 4 levels to greet the pizza delivery guy.

The rant is that I've been here almost 2 years at this point and I eat a lot of pizza.

Maybe you should still take the walk to get rid of some of the pizza.

I went to download a file from one of those crappy file hosts. They made me wait 60 seconds before telling me that the file actually wasn't on the site anymore.
Patience Aimee; 60 seconds only is long relative to what we have grown accustomed to. :)

Not that long ago that would have been a rave!

Xenforo unwatches random threads when images get posted in them and it's really annoying.

Sitting at home with 5 stitches in my mouth, sore as heck and trying to figure out what to eat that won't make me scream. (especially since the scream would probably hurt too.

Patience Aimee; 60 seconds only is long relative to what we have grown accustomed to. :)

I'm just annoyed because it could've told me the file was gone before I waited.

Sitting at home with 5 stitches in my mouth, sore as heck and trying to figure out what to eat that won't make me scream. (especially since the scream would probably hurt too.
That sucks dude I hope you heal fast and complication free.

Milkshakes. Always milkshakes.

Maybe icecream, depending on the injury.

Wow that is a pretty bad error. Where are you in Mexico?
A little town north of Manzanillo called Barra de Navidad. Very quaint and a little rustic, too

1-800 phone numbers cannot be accessed from outside the US. :nono:

Medicare has just changed my account number away from my Social Security number. Because I live outside the US, I am told to learn my new number, I should call their 1-800 number. :wallbash:

My pension fund wants to verify I'm still alive. Since I'm out of the country, it suggests I call their 1-800 number. :wallbash: To be fair, I can also drive 1 1/2 hours to a hotel in Tag, which is the only place I've found with a phone which connects to the US. Then I can rent a room and call their regular number. :crazyeye:

Medicare has just changed my account number away from my Social Security number. Because I live outside the US, I am told to learn my new number, I should call their 1-800 number. :wallbash:

My pension fund wants to verify I'm still alive. Since I'm out of the country, it suggests I call their 1-800 number. :wallbash: To be fair, I can also drive 1 1/2 hours to a hotel in Tag, which is the only place I've found with a phone which connects to the US. Then I can rent a room and call their regular number. :crazyeye:
Everybody got a new non SS medicare number. I find you can do lots at the SS and Medicare websites.

Actually, they can (essential for me when I have to call long-distance as I don't have any long-distance plans). Maybe they just can't be accessed from the Philippines.

Canada is in the US:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom