Random Rants noventa y tres: The Incredible Hulk will not be presented this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting , isn't it ? Some guy , usually an American , says treat r16 as a "man" . Half a dozen mis and distranslations and by the time in ends up here in the big city , it becomes r16 knows rather dangerous people . Phone calls and all , people avoid . But yeah , in just an hour with me still walking home , it is them girls who are laughing . Experts all of them , 11 year olds and up . Yes , it was r16 who warned you that you were mistaken in defining your manhood and stuff as being 2 , 10 , 50 times better than r16 . By tomorrow every 11 years old boy will be laughing at me . By Sunday , it will have to be every 15 years old buy . Because he will be lesser and lose his chance of mating to tigerrrrs . By Monday , you , too , will have to be in front of those who you are supposedly goading ... And where that takes you then ..?

I'm considering it, but that alienates another extended social unit in a small town and having a kid on spectrum does it with a significant portion of the idiots already.

I think I'm more likely to ask my MIL to sign me up for the next cc permit courses.
It is a very difficult one, but that sounds like a dangerous out of control dog to me. This "extended social unit" is/includes the dog owner, who put you is such a situation? It does not sound like the best sort of social unit if they are more concerned with the authorities response than the fact that the event happened, but I do know that in rural areas there are not always a great choice of social unit to be involved with.

There's a real social dilemma. A large fraction of people will hate whoever decides that they need to kill a dog in self defense. I got cornered by a growling dog once, and barely figured out in time I could climb a fence. But there was a part of me preparing to fight full-tilt, and there was a part of me that knew if I injured it, *I* could get in trouble with people.

In Farm Boy's case, that's one of the reasons for calling Animal Control now. It then becomes part of the official record, for any future incident, that it's the owner at fault for not restraining his dog.

Stray/abandoned dogs are a problem. Though they aren't in urban areas, in rural ones they can form packs and attack humans if they feel they can.
A good animal control service would solve the issue, but many places just don't have one. Sometimes (but not always) this also has to do with very problematic views on animal rights - if the animal is violent or otherwise very harmful to humans, it should be sent to a shelter. But if shelters just don't exist or are very poorly funded, there's no decent solution.
The animal is miserable too, of course. At least cats are half-feral already and can survive as strays; dogs, particularly on their own, cannot.

Oh, this guy seemed well aware and forceful. Dog seemed healthy. Pitbulls were bred to be weapons with psychotic temperaments, and they are.

once again am responsible for anything . ı provoked the city to attack me by all means suitable . Doesn't match with the overall thing that should have been happening this weekend , which is 11 to 15 year old girls knowing what a man should be , that ı fall short , that boys who follow hints should act against hints and declare me not a man because if not then their girlfriends will start dating tigers , real 11 to 15 and more boys . r16 provoking everything is undesirable for this narrative because how can ı ever get a 11 to 15 girl laugh at me when am the idiot and they are all geniuses ?

turns out the football team from Diyarbakır is in town and the previous game over there ended badly and the fans of the big city have been celebrating the extra judicial killings and the chief perpetrator (who himself was of Kurdish origins) during the match . Considering the times Democracy came to this country overlapped when everyone 1 to 101 was laughing at me and all the stuff they made up , including the r16 , commander death squads angle and how everybody was democratic and ı surely had to be taken by the Police , they are readily making a distinction . They wish death or something on the fans of the visiting team but like they are still democratic or something . Nobody can call them hypocrites on this .

or ı will end up as provoking the peaceful fans against the Kurds . Still waiting London to declare ı have an ID cart with the numbers 007 . 11 to 15 year olds , while you already do it much better , this is called irony . Don't rush to fecebook to teach millions how big an idiot ı am .

At least cats are half-feral already and can survive as strays

That's news to the cats who couldn't. They don't all learn to hunt by themselves, or even if their older female family try to teach them. That was true in the 3-generation cat family I had a long time ago.

The grandmother (Maggie) tried to teach the grandson (Tomtat) to hunt mice. She finally gave up, as he was hopeless at it.

Years later, though, he finally got the hang of it - just inside the house, rather in the back yard, the year we had the Great Mouse Infestation.

Maddy couldn't possibly survive on her own. She won't even hunt bugs. She gets annoyed with me when I kill them, because she wants to play with them.

What if, Maddy being a cat, you just let her play with the bugs and she learns how to kill them?

:lol: Household cats are the most "not feral" of critters.

What if, Maddy being a cat, you just let her play with the bugs and she learns how to kill them?

I tried that. She never did, and since I didn't want it to get away, I killed it myself. Any sign of bugs here that the management hears about means they call a pest control company to put out traps. These guys have NO common sense as to where they put them. They got mad at me for removing the one in front of the microwave, and I said, "You realize this is my food prep area, right?"

Then they put one next to my towels, where it would be guaranteed to get knocked off next time I needed one.

The bugs weren't my fault. But if a neighbor has a problem, anyone within a 3-suite radius on the same floor, above, and below, gets checked.

Happily I was bug-free.

Unhappily that's not quite true now, due to two summers of hot temperatures in an apartment with holey screens that don't get fixed because they're not deemed "emergencies". So lots of moths come in and I've devised several ways of killing them. Maddy is no help at all, and in fact she runs when she sees me pick up the flyswatter or rolled up advertising flyers.

At least the bugs that haven't been vacuumed up are all dead.

:lol: Household cats are the most "not feral" of critters.

Depends on if they were before they became house cats. Some are easier to tame than others. I'm happy that Maggie and Gussy were success stories, as Maggie realized that if we insisted on feeding her, she might as well move in. Of course the fact that she was pregnant at the time might have helped the decision along. It's easier to care for kittens if you don't have to hunt all your food - particularly in the fall.

Gussy was a stubborn little guy. He desperately needed help but was too afraid to let us near enough to give it. I spent 3 weeks in one of the coldest Octobers I can remember, putting out food for him several times a day, hoping he'd get at least some before the magpies stole the rest. Even though I microwaved the milk for him, I'd still find it frozen in the morning, with little tongue tracks in it as he didn't get most of it.

My grandmother told me to give up, but I told her I would not give up unless I found him dead from either cold or starvation (he wasn't even 8 weeks old at the time). Thankfully my dad and I figured out how to catch him, and he gradually adjusted to being an indoor cat. Good thing too, as he never learned to hunt.

I have a cold and I am covered in poison oak

:hug:

This is why bottled water is not actually evil. Yes, I live on a hill overlooking a river valley, but only an idiot would drink water directly from the river without boiling it first.
I use a distiller, cost quite alot of electricity tho

They must be overwhelmingly popular, then, for the percentages of fatal and ER trips to favor one breed over every other breed combined.

Thank you, for the thoughts everyone. For the moment, I have not rushed out and bought a handgun. I am, however, currently fighting with altering what items go in what pockets for the first time in over 20 years. Cell phones are two-handed these days, unlike the old flippy models. It's migrated to the left. The pocketknife is less farmy and more stabby, and has migrated to the right along with the phone-displaced keys.

Last edited:
They must be overwhelmingly popular, then, for the percentages of fatal and ER trips to favor one breed over every other breed combined.
This is the stat I am familiar with:

Labs accounted for 13.3 percent of the reported bites; pit bulls, 8.4 percent; German shepherds, 7.8 percent; Rottweilers, 3.9 percent; and Chows, 3.5 percent.​

Build of dog matters for how bad things are when they bite. Temperament of breed is real. Like all generalizations, it's a generalization with a wide distribution. They don't use the bananasniffing beagle at airport customs for a police attack dog, they do use german shepherds. They trend bigger, more aggressive, and smarter/more trainable. You don't get a chihuahua to guard your sheep, you get a working dog. You get a pit bull to be territorial and kill things. There are always exceptions, collies that get a taste for lamb need to either be retired from sheeping, or they need destroyed. At the end of the day, they're all dogs.

The statistics around canine livestock are really muddled. I've every expectation there are millions of good "pitties" or whatever those demonhounds are referred to as when you like them.

*intensifies*

It was -19C here last night. I'd offer to trade, but I like that more than I like temperatures in the plus-30s.

I tried that. She never did, and since I didn't want it to get away, I killed it myself. Any sign of bugs here that the management hears about means they call a pest control company to put out traps. These guys have NO common sense as to where they put them. They got mad at me for removing the one in front of the microwave, and I said, "You realize this is my food prep area, right?"

Then they put one next to my towels, where it would be guaranteed to get knocked off next time I needed one.

The bugs weren't my fault. But if a neighbor has a problem, anyone within a 3-suite radius on the same floor, above, and below, gets checked.

Happily I was bug-free.

Unhappily that's not quite true now, due to two summers of hot temperatures in an apartment with holey screens that don't get fixed because they're not deemed "emergencies". So lots of moths come in and I've devised several ways of killing them. Maddy is no help at all, and in fact she runs when she sees me pick up the flyswatter or rolled up advertising flyers.

At least the bugs that haven't been vacuumed up are all dead.
Argh! We've been having a moth problem for years here.

Also, traps in front of the microwave? Sounds like a sketch comedy script.
Build of dog matters for how bad things are when they bite. Temperament of breed is real. Like all generalizations, it's a generalization with a wide distribution. They don't use the bananasniffing beagle at airport customs for a police attack dog, they do use german shepherds. They trend bigger, more aggressive, and smarter/more trainable. You don't get a chihuahua to guard your sheep, you get a working dog. You get a pit bull to be territorial and kill things. There are always exceptions, collies that get a taste for lamb need to either be retired from sheeping, or they need destroyed. At the end of the day, they're all dogs.

The statistics around canine livestock are really muddled. I've every expectation there are millions of good "pitties" or whatever those demonhounds are referred to as when you like them.
Due to rising insecurity, more and more people here are keeping extremely dangerous dogs at home. Of course, since the animals are bred and trained to kill, we keep getting instances of mauled children and such. Hence my not suggestion but outright recommendation to just end the brute if it comes at you -they can even kill a grown-up, they just don't do so more often because adults have a better sense of danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom