Random Rants noventa y tres: The Incredible Hulk will not be presented this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was -19C here last night. I'd offer to trade, but I like that more than I like temperatures in the plus-30s.
I can give you up to 15 degrees if you like. Of course, you need snow for the thaw and rivers and all that, but you might still be interested.

FFS, this heat! I'm even making basic translation mistakes.

I have a cold and I am covered in poison oak

I guess there's a story for the latter part...?

I managed to again hurt my back during weight lifting. I guess it shows that a) stuff is getting heaver and b) I'm getting older. Guess I'll sleep with pain killers again :/.

Wear a damp wash rag on your head.
Not with this heat. It's better to just call it quits and get some shade outside, broken bones and all.

Also, traps in front of the microwave? Sounds like a sketch comedy script.

These bug traps are small folded pieces of cardboard in an open triangle shape. There's a bit of glue on them to trap the bugs if any come to investigate. Putting one on the kitchen counter was utter stupidity on their part and I told them to find somewhere else that wouldn't be in my way or the cat's way.

They tried to put one in front of the litter box and got angry when I told them it wouldn't stay there - my cat would just play with it. Of course I didn't want that stuff anywhere near her anyway.

I can give you up to 15 degrees if you like. Of course, you need snow for the thaw and rivers and all that, but you might still be interested.

Hm. It's -14C now, so that wouldn't be bad. A bit warm for early March, but for a day or two, it could work.

I guess there's a story for the latter part...?

Nope, just some rare snow and going off trail as the melted snow made the trail too muddy. What started as one seeming mosquito bite spread to a cluster and then beyond. My half my body and is now oozing pus from most of them. It’s been over a week.

I went to urgent care and they said because I had a cough I needed to leave and go to another urgent care. :| so 4 hours later I’m still trying to get seen by the doctor.

Poison oak sucks.

I learned that if you bandage oozing oak, it oozes more like infinity style. Just go straight to calamine lotion. Zinc oxide that skin shut!

Trouble Incompetence comes in 3s?

The contractor my landlord hired to redo my bathroom started the job on Monday, and he's still not done. It's not like I live in Versailles. My bathroom is barely big enough to turn around in. He says he'll be done today, but he said the same thing yesterday and Wednesday. And he's not doing a superior job, either.

This morning, all four subway/metro lines are operating at reduced speeds, across the entire city. 25mph/40kph, but in some places as low as 10mph/16kph. This after an inspection by the state's Department of Public Utilities, which I'd never even heard of before. So I'm guessing the inspection didn't go well? Shocking.

Last, and least, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ wouldn't let me log in last night. A quick Google search shows people thinking there's a problem with the login credentials of people who subscribe to the package. No official statement from Disney, naturally. It wasn't a big deal, but I hope they at least extend everyone's subs to make up for the outage.

I learned that if you bandage oozing oak, it oozes more like infinity style. Just go straight to calamine lotion. Zinc oxide that skin shut!

Better in the meantime :/?

Tomorrow I need to go on a treasure hunt. According to the tracking system, my 2 chairs have been delivered at my address. They have not. And the guys from the delivery company seem to have the tendency to dump the stuff somewhere, and not leave a note (as also shown by a range of packages which were in our hallway way too long). Let's see how the people who live on this street are...

Humidex again passes the fortieth degree! :faint:

Ouch, that's awful... I'd get out the fan, but I don't think it'll reach that far.

It's snowing here, so if I had a transporter I'd send you some.

It's in the 40s here too so cold at night!
Better in the meantime :/?
Going full medical on it and yes it's improving greatly, thanks for asking. Still quite itchy but the worst is over. I'm 2 weeks in to what isn't supposed to last more than two weeks. I suspect I'll have another 10 days of declining itch and a couple months of ugly skin.

Got a paper-cut on a microwave popcorn package, of all things.

I get a poison ivy reaction really bad. Happens almost every summer when I'm digging up weeds and forget how miserable I was the summer before when I forgot to dress appropriately for digging up weeds.

I've never had an ivy reaction. Either I'm one of the lucky few who isn't allergic, or I've somehow never brushed up against it despite many, many days gallivanting in the woods as a young'un.

I get a poison ivy reaction really bad. Happens almost every summer when I'm digging up weeds and forget how miserable I was the summer before when I forgot to dress appropriately for digging up weeds.
You should rent a goat for a few days.

One of the reasons that we got goats when I was a teenager was that we were hoping they'd eat the poison ivy in the yard. They will eat it. However, our goats liked a lot of other stuff better, and no one was happy with the way they pruned our shrubs and trees. It took about 20 years for the big spruce tree to recover. (Otherwise the goats were great.)

Tether them near to the poison ivy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom