Random Rants noventa y tres: The Incredible Hulk will not be presented this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accidentally picked up dry ice with my bare hands (didn't realize what it was). Don't do that.

Today I was taken to court. I think it could have gone better. The nightmare is not over yet. Now I just have to wait a few weeks to see how much I am to be fined. a BIG fine :(

Friggin' Reformacons. I was posting on CBC.ca (news site). I just got some variation of "go back to your own country" thrown at me. Apparently if your username isn't a common English or French name and you use correct grammar, it means you're not Canadian - at least to those jerks.

Today I was taken to court. I think it could have gone better. The nightmare is not over yet. Now I just have to wait a few weeks to see how much I am to be fined. a BIG fine :(
For the renting issue, I suppose?
Better to avoid such arrangements, unless you become part of the tory party ^^

I've now outsourced all paperwork to an external company so won't happen again. Costs me 10%, which one way or another will be passed to the tenants. Nobody wins here other than the paper pushers.

Went for speed dating with a friend yesterday.
I got no match or like, and blamed it that it was in a different city.
My friend got 3 matches and 9 likes (out of 18 women).
My ego will probably not recover from this for a long while.

Female approval is overrated (and can lead to complications :handcuffs: :cryingbaby: :divorce: :alimony:

Spotify sent me a notification that one of my girls, Emma Ruth Rundle, will be playing near me in April. And it's already sold out. :( Curse you, Spotify.

Emma:
Spoiler :

I've never done speed dating, despite some mild curiosity, for fear of just this sort of thing. :lol: (I think I would ask only to be told if there were any matches. I wouldn't want to know how many, or how few, total likes I got.)

I've now outsourced all paperwork to an external company so won't happen again. Costs me 10%, which one way or another will be passed to the tenants. Nobody wins here other than the paper pushers.
The agriculturalist in me is giggling, but in a welcome to the club sort of way. Your margin is good enough to eat 10%, it seems, if it stops there I'd count good fortune!

:lol: Oh come on..speed dating "likes" sounds even more silly than online likes.
You shouldn't be bothered by this at all.

I guess a like is from someone who you've not matched back with?

I have been out of the dating scene for some time now (5 decades) but it seems that keeping score about things that are not meant to be scored is common now. Speed dating looks to be an interesting one on one challenge for both parties and a replacement for old fashioned conversations that were untimed and casual. I guess the value is that one gets to meet 18 new people and hour or so and can score high enough with one or two meet them again. Brutal for folks who fail to meet the top 20% standards of excellence and desirability.

I has a sad that's not a rant, but we don't have a place for random sadness.

One of the mods on another forum I've belonged to for many years died. We disagreed a lot, agreed sometimes, and he was nice when my mother died. We collaborated on a project, and I don't really know how to feel about it overall, because how do you feel about someone who could turn on a dime from nice to nasty to nice, then funny, and then throw you under the bus, and then drop a 'like' on posts you worked hard on?

:(

Sorry to hear :/.

I guess a like is from someone who you've not matched back with?

Indeed. If my friend had ticked the box on a few more names, he would now even have more dating options.
My poor performance would not have bothered me, if I had not heard his stats. I did not think I had performed that much worse than him, but I apparently did. No clue why, no option to get feedback.

I have been out of the dating scene for some time now (5 decades) but it seems that keeping score about things that are not meant to be scored is common now. Speed dating looks to be an interesting one on one challenge for both parties and a replacement for old fashioned conversations that were untimed and casual. I guess the value is that one gets to meet 18 new people and hour or so and can score high enough with one or two meet them again. Brutal for folks who fail to meet the top 20% standards of excellence and desirability.

More 2-2.5h.
It also has a bunch of advantages. You know you are talking to someone who is single and willed to date, and are not bothering someone who is not. There is a setup to talk, no anxiety to start a conversation. And everyone gets the same amount of time, no matter how you look or anything else, so you can play your charme even if you are not typically atttactive.
It's definitely not for everyone though, and I wouldn't use it as the only option, but it definitely is a valid option.

Now a different rant: Managed to pull a back muscle while... sitting, I think. I am getting old :(.

how do you feel about someone who could turn on a dime from nice to nasty to nice, then funny, and then throw you under the bus, and then drop a 'like' on posts you worked hard on?
You can still feel sad about this person dying.

You can still feel sad about this person dying.
I do, somewhat. We had a few good interactions over a 15-year span of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom