Random Rants noventa y tres: The Incredible Hulk will not be presented this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both the young you and the older you have the right take on this guy.

They aren't the worst. Just... petty. It was better than working in HR!

Also @Snerk buddy; how are you?
Positive tendencies for sure. Went XC skiing today for a couple hours. Super tired but it feels like my body can manage it. Too early to call but hopefully I'm on the turn back to my normality. Thanks for asking!

I anyways want to wait for my ex to break up with her current boyfriend, so at least nothing is getting in the way of that :cringe:.

Pretty sure I've said this to you before but I'll say it again anyway: Dude, she's over you. She's your ex because she's over you. Accept it and move on, you can't keep obsessing over her forever in the slim hopes that she'll take you back someday.

The_J's one-sided love life is beginning to read like a mixture of Ross Geller's and Ted Mosby's.

Well, that made some good stories, no ^^?

Pretty sure I've said this to you before but I'll say it again anyway: Dude, she's over you. She's your ex because she's over you. Accept it and move on, you can't keep obsessing over her forever in the slim hopes that she'll take you back someday.

First you should not forget that she's already the 2nd time my ex, and maybe 3rd time's the charme ;).
And not forever. Just this year, because there's a chance.

First you should not forget that she's already the 2nd time my ex, and maybe 3rd time's the charme ;).
And not forever. Just this year, because there's a chance.
Do you really want to be someone's backup plan? It's less than what either of you deserve.

Well, that made some good stories, no ^^?
A good story isn't the same as a happy story.

Even if How I met your mother happens to be a good story after all…

I anyways want to wait for my ex to break up with her current boyfriend, so at least nothing is getting in the way of that :cringe:.
You wanting your ex to break up with her boyfriend 🤝 me wanting my crush to break up with her boyfriend

Is it because you want her back or no?

In that case I'm feeling very pretty right now :love:
Some people can be so shallow that they seem profound. You're not even reaching that level.

Please, watch the below video. It's not even two full minutes.

that's just weird...

Actually, The_J isn't Ross. He's Rachel.

More like Archie, waiting for Veronica to finish with her latest fling before she decides to come back.

In the meantime, Betty could be waiting to be noticed, but Archie is so fixated on Veronica that he takes her for granted.

(in other words, there could be someone who really would like to get to know him, but might be too shy to speak up)

that's just weird...

It's very much like a soap opera, except many soap couples get together and break up half a dozen times. Last time I watched General Hospital, Sonny and Carly were on their 4th marriage.

On-again, off-again relationships aren't that weird (at least in teens and twenties). But structuring your life around the hope of swinging back around to the on-again part of the cycle is. I guess. The_J obviously has more information than we do about the dynamic. It doesn't seem very fulfilling or healthy to me, for anyone involved. It inherently encourages dependency and stagnation, and blocks other opportunities from being realized.

But I also sympathize and empathize with having a brain that doesn't let things go, and not being able to snuff out that last smoldering spark.

Romance is a pretty personal thing and we each have to sort through it in our own way with those for whom we have fallen. It is very easy to look at the romantic life of others and find fault and provide "much smarter" advice. But love and romance is all about not following advice; it is about being caught up in the ebb and flow of the brain chemistry that overwhelms our rational selves when our minds dwells on our beloved. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom