Random Rants noventa y tres: The Incredible Hulk will not be presented this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is a moderate 62

How nice is that?

To both posts above: what?

To both posts above: what?

Decently prominent trans twitter account. Her conservative Muslim parents hired three individuals to approach her under the guise of arranging a reconciliation with them. Instead the three isolated her, made her financially dependent on them, and engaged in manipulative, abusive tactics to get her to detransition. Eventually they arranged to have her deported back to Saudi Arabia, where her parents continued the abusive tactics. She was caught with HRT twice in Saudi, and the second time was as much as she could take. She left a note detailing it all.

Her parents made a post today on Twitter mourning the loss of their son and using her deadname. After they fudging murdered her.

Last edited:
Ouch, that's dreadful.

Today is a moderate 62

How nice is that?

F: A little chilly but fine

C: Hotter than hell

K: The atmosphere is now literally liquid

Hm, has there been any recorded temperature, without special conditions (such as bombing ^^) of 62 C?

Google/wiki say no:

1678792926319.png

Not that 56.7 sounds livable.

ChatGPT's existence means I can't submit my own creative writing I do outside of class for grading and assessment in college. The only things they will mark are works done in class with anti-cheat word processors. I have to write about stuff I really don't care for - just yet anyway; I might come to like them, but not now. I am seething.

You just need better professors. Chat's style is instantly identifiable. Particularly in a creative writing class, the assignment should just be, in effect, "write something that Chat could never write."

Chatgpt can write decent work, but it has to be prompted elaborately.
Also, it can misread the prompt, even in basic ways (eg telling it in layers that more prompts will follow, often gets lost).

You just need better professors. Chat's style is instantly identifiable. Particularly in a creative writing class, the assignment should just be, in effect, "write something that Chat could never write."
Any assignment that asks you to reflect on something in your own words, ChatGPT literally cannot do!

Chatgpt can write decent work, but it has to be prompted elaborately.
Also, it can misread the prompt, even in basic ways (eg telling it in layers that more prompts will follow, often gets lost).
I prefer AI's that write stuff like this.

Any assignment that asks you to reflect on something in your own words, ChatGPT literally cannot do!
Unless you feed it a large enough sample of your own words.

Also, you can tell it to write stuff, but it's more work than actually doing the writing yourself.

I have an unidentified allergy (or multiple), and that one is making me currently feel down (since Saturday already) and giving me also a light diarrhea. And that with anti-histamines.
Wonderful times.
It may not be an allergy but an intolerance. No response to antihistamines but a continued allergy-esque reaction could be a gluten or dairy intolerance.

It may not be an allergy but an intolerance. No response to antihistamines but a continued allergy-esque reaction could be a gluten or dairy intolerance.
I considered that, but I know I have lactose intolerance (gives me gas) and I'm using alternative milks. Gluten I have considered, but have not seen any issues before.
The current symptoms are in agreement with what I know from my allergy. Right now the issue is that it's taking longer than normal (a flare-up is like normally 3 days). I'll just double-dose on the anti-histamines tonight, since that's apparently save and approved, and see how I feel tomorrow.

Yesterday, in class, my supervising teacher asked two kids to leave the class and talk to her (one at a time). They had handed in creative writing compositions that were written identically.

Do they not flunk and expell people for academic misconduct when the plagiarize, anymore?

Honest question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom