Random Rants XLVIII: Worst. Thread Title. Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I wait for a call back about a $200 mp 3 player which has now cost me in labour hours (at $250/ hour of my time) about $1000.

Really? You expect half a million dollars as a full-time annual salary? Remind me not to hire any builders any time soon.

No I do. She called me becaus I wasnt home yet. But she is always like "go out more", but then she monitors my time of arrival and stuff and she frequently sends me a lot of meaningless messages and its frankly exhausting.

Also my friends dragged me to the seediest gaybar in town. T'was not bad, but was Foam Party night. I cannot stand foam. Which is a pity, because there was this cute Taiwanese guy who tried to drag me downstairs to the foam covered area, with dubious intention. Could have been fun.

IOTChat exists in Barcelona? :p

Rant: Wrong thing to say to me after I say something: "And we care because?" If I told you, I assumed you somewhat were interested in what I do in my life. And unfortunately, this is at a fellow CFCer. Definitely not how I wanted to wake up.

Really? You expect half a million dollars as a full-time annual salary? Remind me not to hire any builders any time soon.
That's only about £300,000 a year.

Still, a lot, I know.

And only for a 40 hour week, too. But hey! Communists!

Indeed. "Only".

I know. I could live on that quite comfortably for 60 years. Not including any interest it might earn. £5,000 a year does it nicely. Still, a bit of a pinch I guess.

He charges that for a few hours' worth of work a month. Communists don't work, remember?

You're a teen living at home and you're wondering why your mom called you at 5:30am wondering where you were?! Kids these days...

The thing is she is always telling me to go out more, but then she does these things and it frankly makes me not want to.

To paraphrase Sheldon Cooper, you were having fun wrong.

I have three f/t jobs:
1. remodeling consultant and builder
2. Coordinator or training programs for full and part-time organizers
3. Labour organizer

I do not get paid for any of these, mind you -- and I actually never got paid to do them in my life. I only ever got paid as an actor ($250/ hour, for 6 hours a week!!!); and when I worked during college at a grocery store ($14.50/ hour...)

This $250/ hour figure is based on the combined salaries/ wages of those 3 particular disciplines I mentioned above -- but given that one of our founding organizers got $500,000 a year as head of security for Seaman's International Union. And he had 20 years of organizing experience.

If you go by my family fortune, it's a little less, but that's virtual, since the business is barely breaking even and members of my old money family have been reduced to salaried employment *gasp* (Grandma, if you can hear me, I'm sorry. I still work for free for the poor, just like you said I should...

-- then it's about 1d/ hour. 0_o

Don't be too harsh, VRWC. He's young and carefree, so let him have a gay old time. :p

:lol: I see what you did there!

@Joan: I suspect in her mind, telling you to go out didn't entail staying out til the cows come home. That's all I was saying. :)

Rant: I hate playing 'Fun with Caustic Chemicals' while stripping the deck.
Thankfully I only have about a day left of work on the deck dealing with the stripper. That said, I'm dreading having to break out the pressure washer and the wood cleaner.

At least after that I'll be on to painting, and I actually enjoy painting.

Close the curtains! (I'm finding that my rugs are getting a lot more dusty of late too.)

The National League and the American League should never play outside of exhibitions, All Star games, and the World Series!! Over a decade of this crap and I still cannot adjust to it. Wtf is this world coming to? :(

Where I've been working I'm seeing an increasingly unkempt cat who is also skinny, I'm unsure If I should do anything about it. Pretty sure someone owns it, but they don't seem to be taking good care of it.

The stores are closed for Ramadan, I take it?

I thought Ramadan was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom