Random Rants XXVII: The Rent Is Too Damn High!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend's piece of garbage parents just confiscated his laptop because he admitted he's bisexual and furry.

They're talking of sending him to counseling.

They say they'd prefer he be dead than be with another male.

All because of what some religion says. I thought their religion was about love. Obviously not.

I swear. These people should suffer life imprisonment for scarring their children forever. Practical disownment is the worst thing you can do to a child.

It seems I've forgotten how awful Civ2 was...
That's called "nostalgia". Like forgetting how bad Victoria was or how atrocious NBA games from the eighties look.

I don't know if this is a rave or a rant, but I can't get "The Blue Danube" out of my head... :cringe:

I swear. These people should suffer life imprisonment for scarring their children forever. Practical disownment is the worst thing you can do to a child.

Horrible. But at least his family didn't kill him.

I don't know if this is a rave or a rant, but I can't get "The Blue Danube" out of my head... :cringe:

Hum it to other people. That usually does the trick.

I cant access TVtropes normally and forced to use a proxy :mad:.

Edit: And after careful look, disabled and re-enabled my LAC connection. It fixed it :ack:.

Went to a party with roommate. Party was a bust, music was crap. Left early. Watched ball drop at home.

And I've been feeling really depressed lately.

Virginia Tech's undergrad admissions page seems to be redirecting me to a spam website...? :dubious:

Click from Google? Try copy paste the link instead. Sometimes they can hijack the Google redirects.

For a rather long rant:

I hate ESPN! They are like a black-hole when it comes to televising sports. I disapprove of their taking Monday Night Football off of ABC. I disapprove of their showing games that are halfway across the country that have no meaning to me, instead of showing local games. And most of all, I am furious that they took NASCAR off of over-the-air television when it was at the end of the season, and instead, had shown infomercials all day! [pissed] I mean, come on! One of the championship contenders (Jimmie Johnson, for those who know, and no, he is not the former NFL coach) was about to win a record fifth championship in a row, but I couldn't watch the races because I didn't have cable or satellite television (And I still don't). It's the same case for other people. ESPN can show sports on cable, but don't deprive people who don't have it of their favorite sports! And now, I'm going to miss the Rose Bowl because of them.

Anyway, thanks for letting :gripe:, and let off some steam.

I've tired going through the standard vt.edu website to the undergrad admissions...still happens.

Id say it hijacked in general then. Maybe the techs are on Christmas break.

Yeah y doesn't espn just pay big money for licenses then let cbs broadcast it too.

Yeah y doesn't espn just pay big money for licenses then let cbs broadcast it too.
No. Why don't they broadcast it on ABC? They know that they would get more viewers on over-the-air broadcasts. They could broadcast it OTA and on satellite and whatever else they want. That way, they could get just about all possible viewers.

No. Why don't they broadcast it on ABC? They know that they would get more viewers on over-the-air broadcasts. They could broadcast it OTA and on satellite and whatever else they want. That way, they could get just about all possible viewers.

Because not everyone wants to watch sports...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom