1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RANDOM RANTS XXVIII: Everything is Flammable

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by Joecoolyo, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Yared

Yared That Guy

I have a... special butt.

2. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

It's a quarter past midnight and already hotter than what the day's maximum temp is meant to be.

3. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Why is it raining everywhere else in the country besides here?

4. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Feels like winter down here.

5. west india man

west india man Immortal

Why is it sunny everywhere in where I want to be but not here? :(

6. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

:groucho:

7. Yared

Yared That Guy

:yup:

8. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

I am very disappointed in whichever troper wrote this in regards to the banana sharing 50% of its genes with humans. Genes =/= noncoding DNA.

9. Ulyaoth

Ulyaoth Emperor

Damn people pushing me into facebook. I just ran across the reason I knew I'd hate it. This punk I knew from middle school who went to chaminade(a really good college prep school here on Long Island) is having an expectedly successful life, being in London university or something like that playing lacrosse, knows Latin, has some blog about him travelling all over Europe. He's friends with all my other high school friends who kept in touch with him, I never cared to because well I hated him so I had no idea he was doing well. Only solace is in the fact he's still ugly as a llama ass. It just heightens my regret to having not gone to Chaminade like I should have, they were begging me to go, but no, I had to be lazy and not want to get up extra early to get on a train and whatever to go there, and break my arm so I couldn't even play lacrosse anymore...

I'm gonna go drink now.

10. PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire Socially Awkward Goofball

Once again, the snowstorm tracks to the god damn south, making me miss most of the fun. [pissed]

Screw you mother nature!

11. D'Artagnan59

D'Artagnan59 The Gascon

So, I'm in my Government class. We're watching a movie about the history of America from colonial times to the end of the Revolution. It gets done, the teacher gets into some discussion, and then, she asks if anyone has been to a Revolutionary War battlefield.

One girl raises her hand, and the teacher asks which one. "Umm... Was Gettysburg in the Revolutionary War?"

I kid you not. My friends in the back are doubled over in laughter, half the class is trying to hold in laughter, and I'm just sitting in the class facepalming. Only one word is running through my head at this point:

WHY?

Why the hell are you in an Honors government class IF YOU CAN'T TELL WHEN ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT BATTLES IN US HISTORY TOOK PLACE? Jesus Christ, some people are stupid. You aren't ********. You're just dumb. The fact that early US history was three years ago is no excuse for not being able to remember when Gettysburg was.

12. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

@D'art: My History Teacher told my class of a student who thought that Pearl Harbour day was about someone named Pearl Harbour. :wallbash:

13. west india man

west india man Immortal

There could've been a different battle at Gettysburg during the Revolutionary War?

14. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

I doubt any battles were fought there during the Revolutionary War.

15. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

people can completely forget some fact of history. it is highly rude and mean of your class to do that. if people did that to me, its highly likely i will flip out in anger.

16. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

I'm surprised the teacher knew that Gettysburg wasn't a Revolutionary War battle. Military history was supposed to be ignored fifty years ago, which is about where the standard of high school AP classes is.

17. _random_

_random_ Jewel Runner

As famous as the Gettysburg Address is, most people should have a vague idea of what war was being fought at the time, especially somebody who's actually been to Gettysburg.

18. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

seriously? that explains the immense stupidity of people in regards to most of history.

19. D'Artagnan59

D'Artagnan59 The Gascon

The teacher is somewhere in her fifties, maybe late sixties. My teacher in 8th grade was in his sixties, so we focused a lot on military battles during the Civil War unit.

20. SchoolzSoKewl

SchoolzSoKewl Yeah!

My third biggest regret in life has been taking AP Art History online.
    I hate it.