RANDOM RANTS XXXII: I'm In a Glass Case of Emotion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to return my desktop back to best buy and just get my money back. Somehow the freezing and rebooting itself is still there :mad:.

Link to video.

I would advise that you never buy a premade machine from a big manufacturer. The price may be slightly cheaper, but you have no control and the customer service is likely to be crap. I get mine done to my specifications by a local computer store - it might be more expensive, but they always know who I am and why I'm coming back if I have an issue.

I would advise that you never buy a premade machine from a big manufacturer. The price may be slightly cheaper, but you have no control and the customer service is likely to be crap. I get mine done to my specifications by a local computer store - it might be more expensive, but they always know who I am and why I'm coming back if I have an issue.

Would a small time computer store be able to construct a gaming rig? Though you're across the pond and would have no clue of whats around my area. The only thing that was recommended to me in RL is PCsforeveryone.com (Just google it :p).

Might have to make a switch to Nivida since I think the AMD/ATI drivers are quite buggy.

If they actually construct machines, rather than sell them, I'm sure that any competent store can build a machine as asked. :)

Your other option is to order OEM parts from reputable online stores, so that you receive the parts through the post and you build your own system yourself. This has the advantage of being the cheapest possible way, but does mean that you can mess it all up spectacularly!

Would a small time computer store be able to construct a gaming rig? Though you're across the pond and would have no clue of whats around my area. The only thing that was recommended to me in RL is PCsforeveryone.com (Just google it :p).

Might have to make a switch to Nivida since I think the AMD/ATI drivers are quite buggy.

If you go to one of those small storefront computer repair places, they'd likely build anything you like. But you can do the same thing for less money. It's really not difficult.

If you go to one of those small storefront computer repair places, they'd likely build anything you like. But you can do the same thing for less money. It's really not difficult.

I don't advise you really do that if you're clumsy. You might electrocute yourself. I almost did. :blush:

If they actually construct machines, rather than sell them, I'm sure that any competent store can build a machine as asked. :)

Your other option is to order OEM parts from reputable online stores, so that you receive the parts through the post and you build your own system yourself. This has the advantage of being the cheapest possible way, but does mean that you can mess it all up spectacularly!
If your older comp still works you can always browse for a computer-building manual too…

It is very easy to avoid electricution when building a computer. Turn it off first and then use the 'off' button.
The biggest danger is you shocking the parts with a static discharge.

It is very easy to avoid electricution when building a computer. Turn it off first and then use the 'off' button.
Would it be wise to not plug it into an outlet in the first place? ;)

Well I did that but I could not get it unplugged. And I was trying to get it unplugged.

You may wish to invest in some copper wire or other tool to earth yourself whilst handling delicate electronic parts.

You may wish to invest in some copper wire or other tool to earth yourself whilst handling delicate electronic parts.

If I had grounded myself I probably would be dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom